Notifications
Clear all

What Happens If You Dermarolled Every Day Or Every Week? + Very Important Question [Collagen]

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/25/2014 8:01 am

what exactly the effect/damage is?

its said u gotta wait ~4-6 weeks after session to let collagen rebuild (also rebuild or grow new one????)

BUT U GOTTA REMEMBER tht we all r agiiiiingggg! since age of 15 we r all getting oldass every day so does anyone know

WHAT IS THE SPEED THAT COLLAGEN ACTUALLY GOES AWAY/BREAKS DOWN??

bcs is it even slower than tht boost we r trying to achieve from dermarolling/stamping or anything else?

and how does it makes sense to get scar filled and it would supposedly stay tht way while rest of face is slowly wasting away

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/25/2014 12:50 pm

More scars/uneven texture. Aging is not a part of equation for healing process. If you dermaroll daily or weekly, successive treatment will create more scars in DAMAGED areas.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/25/2014 2:28 pm

ok but what i dont get is ...aging is a damage. so y does body decides to fix something while at the same time damaging something else?

what is the speed of collagen break down approximately?

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/26/2014 7:33 am

Everyone ages and loses collagen naturally, but your body doesn't perceive collagen depletion from aging as an injury and therefore there's no incentive for it to repair itself. Microneedling does what any other wound does - signals your body to heal the wound to prevent infection, thus creating new healthy collagen. The speed of collagen depletion is extremely individual..it depends on environmental factors, smoking, drinking, genetics, etc. Somewhere online I found an article on how much collagen the average person has left by the time they are 15, 30 and so on. I don't remember where I found it but i'm sure you could do some research and find that information.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/26/2014 12:20 pm

ageing is such a damage, as well as scar tht is collagen depletion too
bt then body is completely numb to this damage however if stimulated in somekinda way it does hv somekinda abilities to repair afterall???
anyhow dermarolling felt like only scratching a surface so i imagine the new collagen tht grows has to be extremely thin layer as well??
ur scars just wont fill with tht or it will take hell of a alot of time which is damn bcs thts probably also a enough of time to loose it???
n all those motherfuking creams, serums n such is absolutely useless
idk all of those attempts seems like playing with trash??
im searching stuff im sick of it this is nt my thing at all it wastes my fuking time like u hv no idea, i should b doing smthn else, if id found smth id post here if nope ill ask here, thts wht u gotta do, no point in searching all internet if someone has answer here already..........
there needs to be somekinda bigger boost so more collagen grows at once, either from internal either from outside bt its nt dermarolling snce it also damages ur skin nt just makes new collagen grow which is just big hindrance n slower down
MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/26/2014 7:58 pm

Natural aging isn't the same as damage from a foreign wound. Your body only responds to damage from wounds (ex. cut) because if it's not fixed it can cause an infection and as a defense mechanism your body goes into repair mode. Collagen loss from aging doesn't pose the same kind of threat to your body that leads to an infection.

The bottom line is that results from microneedling are very slow for most people, and it doesn't work for all scars. Really for best results you're going to have to try several different scar treatments, all which may only give you minimal improvement each but in the end can add up to moderate to significant improvement. Microneedling will help most with shallow rolling scars and maybe help soften boxcar scars. If you're wanting to help with scarred or enlarged pores improvement will be very minimal. Hopefully treatments that involve recell will be available in the US and other countries soon because that seems to hold very promising results for scars.

ageing is such a damage, as well as scar tht is collagen depletion too
bt then body is completely numb to this damage however if stimulated in somekinda way it does hv somekinda abilities to repair afterall???
anyhow dermarolling felt like only scratching a surface so i imagine the new collagen tht grows has to be extremely thin layer as well??
ur scars just wont fill with tht or it will take hell of a alot of time which is damn bcs thts probably also a enough of time to loose it???
n all those motherfuking creams, serums n such is absolutely useless
idk all of those attempts seems like playing with trash??
im searching stuff im sick of it this is nt my thing at all it wastes my fuking time like u hv no idea, i should b doing smthn else, if id found smth id post here if nope ill ask here, thts wht u gotta do, no point in searching all internet if someone has answer here already..........
there needs to be somekinda bigger boost so more collagen grows at once, either from internal either from outside bt its nt dermarolling snce it also damages ur skin nt just makes new collagen grow which is just big hindrance n slower down
MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/26/2014 8:33 pm

i undertsand tht bt supposedly after uve dermarolled n got those scars filled it means tht skin actually can b triggered to repair missing volumes?
ofc in reality its thin insignificant layer n alot alot of time bt like if we didnt dermaroll then we wouldnt even grow new collagen at all?
does recell do nything to scarred/large pores?
i just wonder how much collagen does average person loose in year? n how much gain from dermarolling if did it every month for all year?
MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/26/2014 8:42 pm

Are you asking if the aging process counteracts the improvements from derma rolling?

I don't know the approximate amount of lost collagen per year, but If you're under the age of 40 results tend to be much more significant because collagen depletes at a much faster rate when you get around that age. So micro needling once a month for let's say a year or two will give you results that can both counteract the natural aging process (to an extent) and boost additional collagen that helps to actually further improve the skin and stretch the scars out.

Recell is a treatment designed to boost the effects of treatments like laser resurfacing. I don't think scarred pores will respond much to most treatments unless they are actual ice pick scars. Do you have a picture?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/26/2014 9:20 pm

im nt completely sure bt i guess so
yea i know tht too but it seems like bs to me tbh bcs ive seen many wasted faces much much younger than tht bt perhaps its also bcs of subcutanous fat loss which ofc interests me too bt idk if its ok to discuss it nywhere on this forum since it has no relation with scars? its like way under the layers where scars r am i right?
heres similar pic from web of wht i basically hv
pores.jpg
i also have pretty damn bad skins texture overall tht im nt even sure wht couldve caused since i didnt use bp or tane ever. could it b bad eating or clean n clear cleanser or just damage from breaking out all the time idk bt its so bad, it seems like somekinda mini scarring mayb if there is such thing? its just uneven texture...i thought dermarolling could fix those...
MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/27/2014 5:26 am

im nt completely sure bt i guess so
yea i know tht too but it seems like bs to me tbh bcs ive seen many wasted faces much much younger than tht bt perhaps its also bcs of subcutanous fat loss which ofc interests me too bt idk if its ok to discuss it nywhere on this forum since it has no relation with scars? its like way under the layers where scars r am i right?
heres similar pic from web of wht i basically hv
pores.jpg
i also have pretty damn bad skins texture overall tht im nt even sure wht couldve caused since i didnt use bp or tane ever. could it b bad eating or clean n clear cleanser or just damage from breaking out all the time idk bt its so bad, it seems like somekinda mini scarring mayb if there is such thing? its just uneven texture...i thought dermarolling could fix those...

I've seen skin like this (including my skin). Unfortunately, even dermatologists aren't sure what these are/could have caused this. To me it looks like a combination of mild/medium icepick scars and pores. If you go see a derm, I guarantee you they willl recommend you laser treatments, which I strongly advise against for a skin like this due to risk of pore enlargement. Do you sweat easily by any chance?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/27/2014 10:21 am

i dnt hv those larger more like scar ones bt those pores r damn obvious n noticeable as hell if u come close to my face. i just cant live with this and it grosses me out to see it in mirror...
i barely sweat on my face at all, sometimes when theres big heat or rly strenous activity bt thts like rare n so...
i dnt think it has nything to do with sweat, they r clogged with thick stuff
on bad day they will b clogged rly bad like tht stuff comes up to surface bt now they r clogged just somewhere deeper down. they still r visible af tho bcs tht hole just doesnt close up...
MAKEUP DOESNT HIDE THOSE, JUST TURNS THEM IN THE MAKUP COLOR BT NOW THEYRE JUST WHITE DOTS SO THEYRE STILL OBV
MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/27/2014 5:58 pm

It looks like you have icepick scars and some shallow boxcar (?) scars within the the pores. When you stretch the skin does the texture look a lot better or not much? That can give you an idea of what level of improvement to expect from scar treatments that tighten and stretch the scars out.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/27/2014 7:49 pm

are you talking about my pores or texture now?
if about pores then no? you just strech them out, they are still there ofc
if about texture, im not sure. its not thaat bad as scars but its just somewhat bumpy at places and just i guess discoloration and effect of wasted? im not sure how to explain that. i have had acne for like 10 years now and there is damage
how are those scars streched out? i cant imagine that :/
MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/27/2014 11:55 pm

What I'm getting at is that all scar treatments other than subcision and fillers stretch the skin making the scars less noticeable. They don't fill them in. Scars change shape after procedures like fraxel and needling, you can google before and after pictures to see what I mean. In other words the skin isn't "plumped" up, just new collagen encourages the skin to be tightened. So by stretching out your skin where the scarred pores are, if it flattens or looks better aka isn't tethered then you can get some improvement.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/28/2014 5:31 am

dam it sounds so halfassed...idk if i care abt this...

bt wht abt subcutanous fat, does scars reach it, or is it on way lower layers than layers where scars r at?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/28/2014 12:24 pm

Some scars absolutely do reach subcutaneous fat. The really bad, deep cysts can cause so much inflammation and destruction of the fat layer that the face appears to sink in, almost like the sunken cheeks on someone much older. Ever noticed how people with really bad acne scarring look prematurely aged? When cystic acne occurs repeatedly over the same area, like the cheeks, it can cause significant fat atrophy.

Sorry, sort of a tangent but your posts would be easier to read if you didn't abbreviate everything.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/28/2014 1:26 pm

well how are u gonna regrow or repair subcatonous fat then?
does dermaroller even goes that deep n does anything to it at all? cos fat is like totally diff substance than collagen right? it needs to be stimulated differently am i right?
btw once u loose your fat from face you never gonna get it back! thats why u should never get fat ppl! bcs when u will start loosing your weight u gonna loose alot of face too! which is weird for me bcs why will ppl when begin eating again still grow giant ass and belly, legs etc but stay with wrinkly r gaunt faces? its so stupid lol
hey sometimes i am writing better k? but when i dont have time for typing and grammar ill write quick
MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 08/29/2014 4:25 pm

what exactly the effect/damage is?

its said u gotta wait ~4-6 weeks after session to let collagen rebuild (also rebuild or grow new one????)

BUT U GOTTA REMEMBER tht we all r agiiiiingggg! since age of 15 we r all getting oldass every day so does anyone know

WHAT IS THE SPEED THAT COLLAGEN ACTUALLY GOES AWAY/BREAKS DOWN??

bcs is it even slower than tht boost we r trying to achieve from dermarolling/stamping or anything else?

and how does it makes sense to get scar filled and it would supposedly stay tht way while rest of face is slowly wasting away

Actually, since the age of 0 we are aging. We get older every day and this is old news.

Collagen is a type of fiber found in the dermis, which is below the epidermis. Skin cell turn over in the epidermis occurs every 30 days, or every month

I am uncertain of the speed at which collagen regenerates. Fibroblasts create collagen, and when there is damage to the dermis, it depends on the individual's cellular structure and ultimately genetics. Some people are able to heal from acne scarring faster than others or have no scarring because wounds are properly healed, in other words, collagen and elastin fibers are regenerated and repaired effectively. With scarring, there is a defect in this healing process, hence the pits.

There are very minimal studies actually done on dermarolling/dermastamping. I wouldn't recommend you do this to your entire face, but only to a small area over the course of several months and track your progress. To stick tiny needles into your skin to induce collagen growth is something that hasn't been elaborated on enough for people to risk having even worse skin. I would say, it can have its potential to aid acne scarring, but you MUST do it once a month. If you were to do it every week, or several times a week, you are just damaging your skin. Skin needs to heal. Healing takes time, and as you get older, it takes even more time. Again, the speed at which collagen 'goes away' depends on the person. Collagen is broken down when the fiber is no longer tough enough in the dermis to be kept in tact, because it has been damaged. You cannot make it come back, but you can stimulate the growth of new collagen. THIS is quite a lengthy task though.

well how are u gonna regrow or repair subcatonous fat then?
does dermaroller even goes that deep n does anything to it at all? cos fat is like totally diff substance than collagen right? it needs to be stimulated differently am i right?
btw once u loose your fat from face you never gonna get it back! thats why u should never get fat ppl! bcs when u will start loosing your weight u gonna loose alot of face too! which is weird for me bcs why will ppl when begin eating again still grow giant ass and belly, legs etc but stay with wrinkly r gaunt faces? its so stupid lol
hey sometimes i am writing better k? but when i dont have time for typing and grammar ill write quick

You're wrong about 'losing' fat from your face. Fat cells do not disappear, they shrink in size. Therefore, you will never lose fat from your face. You would be dead if you had no fat in your face. The dermis can't be touching directly muscle, there is always a layer of fat between the two.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/29/2014 4:56 pm

lol wht, nope at age 0 we havent even grown a bit or developed a single bit or anything at all, theres barely anything to age to
yea bt im asking approximately how soon, how much goes away for average person. there should be at least somekinda average rates afterall?
idk there r ppl who practically hv no fat on their face..
wether it goes away or shrinks in size in cells is beside point here, im talking abt tht u cannot restore its previous shape n stuff..
besides wht r u talking abt, if they shrink then obv stuff tht was inside them goes away somewhere...