Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars - Post Roaccutane & Mild Depression

MemberMember
(@sneakers123)

Posted : 08/25/2014 2:34 am

Hi all,

I took roaccutane for 8 month's after about two years of pretty bad acne, or maybe just lots of pimples. It was through out high school when I got it worse so as most kids do, panicked. I use to get a razor blade and shave over them thinking magically it would make them disappear. I use to also hate having white heads visible so I use to pop all of my pimples. Of course now inevitably, My skin has some scars. I wish I could go back in time and just have been stronger like all the other kids, and thought "stop being so silly, its only a spot" but no, I was young and naive and it I'm the only one to blame. It's not that bad and I know other people have it worse, but its enough for it to slightly ruin my day, everyday. I always think to myself how brilliant life would be if I just had perfect skin like plenty of other people. I've thought many times about suicide and how all this could just end if I didn't wake up tomorrow but of course I would never actually do that as much as I think I would like to. I haven't really tried any scar treatments and would like to find out the best ones out there, ones that hopefully actually work. I know there isn't a miracle substance which will completely clear me up in minutes but I'm really dreaming one day I can be happy with my face and grow some confidence regarding my skin.

I would be extremely happy if I got some replies on this.

All the best

Thank you

MemberMember
(@peneloppe)

Posted : 08/25/2014 4:30 am

Hello there.

I know at the moment a very good treatment, called plasma treatment, which rejuvenates your skin and is very helpful with scars.

What it does - doctors take blood from your own and mix it with plasma and some vitamins and inject it back to your face in series of times.

I have a friend that have done it for wrinkles and scaring and she just looks now 5 years younger.

I am planning to do it myself, but still saving the money for it, as my face is not that bad and I just want it as a rejuvenating treatment for my face.

The treatment cost around 200-300 pounds, but here in England I guess will be more.

Good look!

MemberMember
(@sneakers123)

Posted : 08/26/2014 4:51 am

Hiya,

I was firstly born in the UK but I live in Australia so that's almost double the price over here!

I'll have a look into it but I'm not holding my breath it's going to be a miracle procedure and I'll be 100% clear.
I've spent quite a lot of money in the past and company's know people get desperate so they up the price as they wish.

Regardless, I'll look into it and thank you for the reply.

Max

MemberMember
(@lightninginaskillet)

Posted : 08/26/2014 6:19 am

Hey
This might not be much at all, but I know exactly what you're going through. The low self-esteem, the depression, feeling like harming yourself...
I've been going through the same type of thing for the last two years. I'm finally going to see my GP on Friday though, and I'm hoping they can help.

The NHS won't give you much of a plan of action as most treatments are only available through private care, but do what I'm going to do: Tell them how this is affecting your mental health and your ability to live your life. Make it clear to them how you feel suicidal. You may have to go to multiple different Doctors before you're heard, but don't take no for an answer! Get yourself to doctors, and by taking action PARTICIPATE IN YOUR OWN RESCUE!

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 09/03/2014 7:55 am

Hey

This might not be much at all, but I know exactly what you're going through. The low self-esteem, the depression, feeling like harming yourself...

I've been going through the same type of thing for the last two years. I'm finally going to see my GP on Friday though, and I'm hoping they can help.

The NHS won't give you much of a plan of action as most treatments are only available through private care, but do what I'm going to do: Tell them how this is affecting your mental health and your ability to live your life. Make it clear to them how you feel suicidal. You may have to go to multiple different Doctors before you're heard, but don't take no for an answer! Get yourself to doctors, and by taking action PARTICIPATE IN YOUR OWN RESCUE!

You're right about having to go to multiple doctors but the NHS DO offer scar treatment. I was offered laser treatment but had to really push for it. In the end I didn't think it was worth the risk for my scarring

MemberMember
(@nativetexan23)

Posted : 09/05/2014 8:25 pm

Believe me I've been there. I can't say I really ever thought suicide was an option but around 18 to 20 years old I was certainly at that obsessive point where I was constantly looking at mirrors and feeling horrible about myself. Laying in bed at night with that wretched feeling. It was really bad at times.

I first came here over a decade ago and you can probably look back through my posts and see a 22 year old kid who was on this site everyday, researching, trying many different scar revision techniques. Driving over 900 miles to have needling done,flying out to San Diego for Exoderm, enduring smoothbeam as it stung my face to hell, mederma, silicone microdroplet(my favorite). Saving money. Getting procedures done. etc etc.

I don't know what happened but gradually along the way I just really stopped caring and obsessing about it. In the past 10 years I've went out on dates and had relationships with incredible women. Met awesome friends and have just really enjoyed life WITH a few acne scars here and there.

Was there times when I got turned down because my skin was not 100% perfect. Maybe. But so what, at the end of the day most people really don't even care. We are 100X our worst critics when compared to other people.

I write that to you and alot of the younger people on here to say that as bad as it seems now for many of you a few years from now it will be a fraction of an issue.

Keep your head up Sneakers, you still have alot of good moments in life to live.

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 09/07/2014 9:14 am

Believe me I've been there. I can't say I really ever thought suicide was an option but around 18 to 20 years old I was certainly at that obsessive point where I was constantly looking at mirrors and feeling horrible about myself. Laying in bed at night with that wretched feeling. It was really bad at times.

I first came here over a decade ago and you can probably look back through my posts and see a 22 year old kid who was on this site everyday, researching, trying many different scar revision techniques. Driving over 900 miles to have needling done,flying out to San Diego for Exoderm, enduring smoothbeam as it stung my face to hell, mederma, silicone microdroplet(my favorite). Saving money. Getting procedures done. etc etc.

I don't know what happened but gradually along the way I just really stopped caring and obsessing about it. In the past 10 years I've went out on dates and had relationships with incredible women. Met awesome friends and have just really enjoyed life WITH a few acne scars here and there.

Was there times when I got turned down because my skin was not 100% perfect. Maybe. But so what, at the end of the day most people really don't even care. We are 100X our worst critics when compared to other people.

I write that to you and alot of the younger people on here to say that as bad as it seems now for many of you a few years from now it will be a fraction of an issue.

Keep your head up Sneakers, you still have alot of good moments in life to live.

Great post