Emu Oil With The Re...

Notifications
Clear all

Emu Oil With The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@jlc1993)

Posted : 08/24/2014 9:36 am

I just started the regime yesterday. My acne is mild, and usually isn't very bad, but I just recently found out I have mono and along with the mono came a bout of acne! Right now it is along my chin and a large one on my upper lip. I've used emu oil for over a year now as a way of moisturizing and as a way of healing/preventing red marks. I absolutely love the effects it has! My question was - can I use emu oil in addition to the moisturizer during the regimen? Last night I used Cetaphil moisturizer and then applied a small amount of emu oil just in the spots where there is some hyper pigmentation.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/25/2014 4:46 am

I have no experience with Emu oil. Jojoba oil is what I use with my moisturizer. I guess my advice would be just to monitor your face closely and make sure the oil doesn't cause any bad breakouts.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 08/25/2014 10:22 am

^ Same here. We don't really have any experience with emu oil but jojoba oil can be really soothing and helpful.

MemberMember
(@jlc1993)

Posted : 08/26/2014 12:03 pm

I have used emu oil for nearly two years, and have never had an issue with it causing breakouts. I assumed since the regimen gives you the option to include jojoba oil, that emu oil would be an okay substitute. I guess I will continue to use it and if for some reason I am not seeing the result I want I will stop. Also I am on the regimen right now but am not currently using any of the acne.org products. I have ordered them but am waiting for them to arrive. Until then I am using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer and Paula's Choice 2.5% BP. i'm anxious for the other products to arrive since I've read using the acne.org treatment is key to see better and faster results!!