Notifications
Clear all

Starting To Use Youth Code Texture Perfecter!

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 08/24/2014 1:01 am

The Regimen has cleared me up. I've been on it for 7 months, and I am almost acne free. The only problems now are the texture to my skin and red acne spots. I am currently still on the regimen, but I am using only a segment of a finger's length of BP only at night, and I recently stopped using AHA because I want to try this serum. I am going to post my results from this serum every now and then, like tomorrow and from there every week or so. I will also post a "before" picture soon.

The camera quality is not too great, but at least you can see my problem areas.
MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/24/2014 5:17 am

did bp gave u bad texture?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 08/25/2014 2:20 am

did bp gave u bad texture?

I'm not sure exactly, but I think so because everyone who uses BP seems to have a weird bumpy texture to their skin that looks dry, and that's what I'm starting to have.

UPDATE: Today I noticed that my skin around my nose and on the cheeks seemed to be peeling, but not too much so it is bearable for now, but I know that it will get worse soon if I don't prevent it, so I decided not to use this serum for now. I think that the problem is that I used AHA before I began using this serum, and having too many chemicals on your face can make it peel. Thing is, I did stop using AHA before I began using this serum, but I think that it was too close. I stopped using AHA literally a day before I began using this serum. I think that I will wait another week of no AHA application before I begin using this serum again. So I'll be back in a week! See ya!

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 09/02/2014 1:29 am

I'm back!!! So I put the serum on 5 min after the Bp. What struck me as odd was that it was sparkly :o It didn't look like good news to me. I also don't like that it has fragrance, because my skin is pretty sensitive, but I have high hopes for this serum. My skin was a bit dry putting it on, since my skin becomes dry whenever I wash it. I was surprised that my skin stung a bit after putting it on. What I'm going to do for my first week is take it easy. First wash my face, 5 min after put on Bp (only at night), 5 min after put on Texture Perfecter Serum (only at night), and 5 min after put on moisturizer. Next week, I will use the serum day and night. I will continue the Regimen while using the serum, but only a segment of a finger's worth of Bp on my face at night.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 09/02/2014 6:51 pm

2nd Day: So I began to notice my skin flaring up. I am getting pretty red in the face. I've had this problem before, maybe two months ago, and it was absolutely awful. My skin always looked like a tomato. If this serum is the culprit, I will stop using it because I really don't want that problem again. I will drag it out for maybe a month before I stop to see if it really is the serum.

I think that a couple of things that really brightened my skin were that I began using Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream for oily to combination skin, which has brightening properties, and that I started mixing sunscreen with my moisturizer and put it on my face in the morning (Maybe it keeps me from getting redder?). I am so happy with how even toned and bright my skin is now I still have little things like big pores and red marks, though. I used to wear the BB cream everyday because I wanted to cover my imperfections, but now I see that it really did improve my skin. I bought it to lightly cover my face instead of using foundation, but it really did end up improving my skin.

I also had a diet at one point where I stopped eating junk food and only ate spring mix, lean meat, and things like that. I think that it didn't get rid of my acne, but it did improve the texture of my face. I know a lot of people say that eating right will get rid of acne, but that is not exactly the case. From my own experience, I can see that eating right improved the texture of my face, gave me a natural glow, reduced some redness, but did NOT get rid of my acne. Acne is caused by bacteria that is multiplying in your pores due to oiliness (and hormones that are producing those oils), bad hygiene, and irritation. So, it is good to get something like BP to kill the bacteria. BUT, it could be that sugar is boosting your hormones, which leads to more production of oils, which leads to clogged pores, which leads to bacteria growth, which leads to acne, whereas healthy vitamins from food are calming your body and cleansing it of toxins that could be flaring your hormones. Anyways, my point is that healthy eating gave me a better looking face, but it did not get rid of my acne.

This is my face with only under-eye concealer, mascara, brow wax and brow powder, and L'oreal Revalift Miracle Blur Oil-Free Instant Skin Smoother (which by the way, is fantastic for making your pores vanish and evening out the texture of your skin without any makeup).

reason for edit: upload picture

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 09/03/2014 11:05 pm

3rd Day: Face is slightly red, but pores are smaller and skin is smooth. Could be the Miracle Blur.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 09/10/2014 8:30 pm

I started getting a couple of whiteheads, and that sort of freaked me out, so I stopped using this serum. I realized that those whiteheads popped up because it's that time of the month. Either way, I do think that I should stop using Bp before starting to use this serum, so I'll be working on that. For now, I won't be using the serum.