Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SirLuminary

How Do You Start A New "product Reviews" Entry?

Recommended Posts

I figured it out myself.

For anyone who's also wondering how to do this:

1. Go to Product Reviews section

2. Enter a product name that is not in Acne.org's database

3. Once it shows that there's 0 results, you'll be able to click on a button to "Add a New Item to Our Database"

Click on community, product reviews, then search your product you want to review

That one's simple. I know how to do that. What I meant was to actually start a new page for a product entry that doesn't yet exist in their database.

Link to post

Yeah, that's how it works. If you search and it doesn't come up, that's the only time the "add new item" button comes up.

Do you think that's best? I looked around at other reviews sites and this seemed to be how it's done, but I agree that it can seem frustrating. If you know of another reviews database somewhere that does this better, please give me a link and I'll improve this.

Link to post

In my opinion a more straightforward way to organize it would be like this:

Search for a product >>> Good chances you'll find what you're looking for >>> If you get hits, but none are exactly what you're looking for, then display an "Add New Product" button (Instead of the mandatory "0 Results Found," before it's displayed -- although have it on that page as well).

Link to post

What happened to the Pros & Cons section of product reviews? I added a couple of items to the database (still pending approval), and I noticed that the Pros & Cons list was missing. I thought that having that list makes it easier and faster to read the reviews.

Link to post

I decided to get rid of that. People were telling me it felt redundant. They wrote about the pros and cons in the general review and then didn't know what to write in the pros and cons section. I agreed with this and also researched major review sites and things are going toward simplicity in reviews. It can be overwhelming to people who are going to review something to see so many things they need to fill out. I want as many reviews as possible and for it to be a pleasant, uncomplicated and easy experience.