Notifications
Clear all

Hydroquinone Cause Blackhead

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/23/2014 3:33 pm

so i know for sure it is causing it

i have little blackheads all over my face

hydroquinone is helping my blemishes/hyperpigmentation/red marks so much but then its also giving me blackheads

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/24/2014 10:20 pm

so does anyone have a clue why its causing blackheads ? i wanna keep using it because its working well on blemishes but giving me alot of small blackheads

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/24/2014 10:55 pm

Hydroquinone is pretty high up there on the list of medications that cause breakouts. Are you just spot treating? Or are you using it all over the face? When I used Hydroquinone I just used a Qtip and dabbed it on just the area I was trying to fade away. Also only apply it to brown spots you have, it's no use on red marks. If you are trying to get rid of red marks you should be exfoliating. I exfoliate chemically using acne.org AHA+ It faded my red marks very quickly within a couple months I had even toned skin again!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/24/2014 11:10 pm

Hydroquinone is pretty high up there on the list of medications that cause breakouts. Are you just spot treating? Or are you using it all over the face? When I used Hydroquinone I just used a Qtip and dabbed it on just the area I was trying to fade away. Also only apply it to brown spots you have, it's no use on red marks. If you are trying to get rid of red marks you should be exfoliating. I exfoliate chemically using acne.org AHA+ It faded my red marks very quickly within a couple months I had even toned skin again!

i use it all over my face >_> and i get blackheads everywhere im about to stop it i guess or maybe use a little everday at night ? i usually mix it with aha when i apply it

aha isnt helping me much like hydroquinone does but blackheads can be a problem if i keep using

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/24/2014 11:16 pm

I would stop applying it everywhere right now. My dermatologist told me to only spot treat with it, otherwise acne would follow. Honestly it was useless for my skin. Expensive and I have 9/10 of my tube just laying in a container under my bed. The AHA is what really worked wonders on my skin.