Notifications
Clear all

Cetaphil?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/23/2014 11:16 am

Hey guys, I'm thinking the two cleansers I use for my skin are seriously doing more harm than good; Priori AHA and Obagi Clenziderm.

I have heard this Cetaphil gently cleanser is what it says - gentle. Have any of you guys got any experience with this?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 08/23/2014 12:01 pm

I think if you get an organic baby wash that is going to be as gentle as it gets. A lot of people like Johnsons baby wash but it actually has all these chemicals and alcohol. They were even putting formaldehyde in it until just last year. I tried Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and didn't like it. It made my skin just as oily as everything else. I felt like it didn't clean well. Later I also read this http://wellandgood.com/2010/07/20/cetaphil-why-the-popular-cleanser-isn%E2%80%99t-doing-your-skin-any-favors/

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/23/2014 12:14 pm

Thank you for that article. And WOW I did NOT know that things you put on your skin gets absorbed within like 28 seconds roughly...holy. No wonder I break out when I go swimming!

I really am looking for a good cleanser to use in mornings or most of the time that won't break me out. I think I'm drying my skin out too much.

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 08/23/2014 3:14 pm

My doctor recommended me to use Cetaphil and it seems to be okay.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/23/2014 7:09 pm

http://www.acne.org/cetaphil-gentle-skin-cleanser-reviews-17/ (over 500 reviews here)

The odds are good, but there is a chance of an outbreak. I didn't like it, personally, but many do.

MissSac17 liked
MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/23/2014 10:20 pm

I don't like Cetaphil products at all. The cleanser and the moisturizer leave my skin very oily. Wasted too much money on those products, just to throw them away after using them for a few days. I don't have oily skin at all, I'm not dry either. When using Cetaphil I was oily. I didn't like it at all.

I recommend CeraVe products the foaming face cleanser is really great I love it, plus the whole ceraVe line has benefits for your skin, like restoring your skins acid mantle. The moisturizer I use of ceraVe is their moisturizing cream in the tub. Great stuff. I also use there ceraVe AM as a moisturizer and SPF 30 for a sunscreen on my face. No breakouts, no oily skin. If ceraVe ever discontinues their products, I'll be lost.

MissSac17 liked
MemberMember
(@caitlinx)

Posted : 08/23/2014 10:37 pm

I use cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser after being prescribed epiduo as an acne treatment. Epiduo made my skin very dry and red for the first few weeks and it was hell but cetaphil was so gentle and refreshing on my skin. It's the best thing ever, I've now got rid of all my other cleansers which were far too harsh! Cetaphil isn't cheap but mine has lasted me since march this year and that's with washing twice a day and it's so gentle it really doesn't aggravate the skin, the moisturiser is a great primer to use before applying makeup I would defiantly recommend it, I only wish I found it early so I saved money on buying all the other products which claim to get rid of spots!

Ps if you do get it don't get the cetaphil cream as that one is a bit thicker and does make the skin oiler, the ordinary moisturiser which can be applied to the body is perfectly fine for the face I've checked with the pharmacist at boots and this seems to be a less greasy :)

Good luck!

Xx

MissSac17 liked