Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin + Bellapulse

MemberMember
(@roxylove08)

Posted : 08/22/2014 9:38 pm

So i finally gave in into seeing a detmatologist....i am 24 years old and im actually a very pretty girl (with makeup on) *sighs* this.acne is takig over my life i literally have pushed a lot of people away because im ashamed.of how.my skin looks...i had a vert bad break out after going on birth control pills and i.have bad hyper pigmentation...im hopeing the retin-a helps with fading the hyperpigmentation and clears up ny acne as well...what are your experiences on retin a?!?

In Addition to.using the retin a i.just bought the bella pulse facial system...it seems like it really cleanses my.skin and takes the dry flakiness off...i also bought DIM supplements as well as calcium d-clucarate and maca...i think my acne is linked to.a hormonal imbalance...lets see how this goes...if anyone has tried any othese supplements, bella pulse or retin a please comment with your experience and review...thanks.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/22/2014 9:58 pm

If you think your acne is related to hormones, I would look into Spirolactone. The retin a should help with acne that you currently have, it may also cause a purging breakout. So be prepared for that. It should help with the hyper pigmented skin. I never had any success with retin a. It just caused more acne for me and really dry irritated skin that burned all the time. I gave up on it after a year of using it. I tried it again many times and had the same experience. Spiro has kept me clear for 15 months now. No purging or side effects. Might be worth looking into if your acne is hormonal.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/22/2014 10:14 pm

retin a works like a light chemical peel , i peeled like crazy so i use it every 3 days so the peeling skin is gone first so less irritation

MemberMember
(@roxylove08)

Posted : 08/26/2014 3:46 am

Thanks so much i am Going To Ask my dermatologist about the spironalactone...the retain a is a slow and irritating process..its been a month and only the texture of my skin has improved...breakouts are still happeneing. I used a glycolic acidcream on some parts of my face to see if it would help and it has faded the hyperpigmentation faster than retin-a....i really do believe its hormonal and thats great news that you found a treatment that works for you...so happy for you

If you think your acne is related to hormones, I would look into Spirolactone. The retin a should help with acne that you currently have, it may also cause a purging breakout. So be prepared for that. It should help with the hyper pigmented skin. I never had any success with retin a. It just caused more acne for me and really dry irritated skin that burned all the time. I gave up on it after a year of using it. I tried it again many times and had the same experience. Spiro has kept me clear for 15 months now. No purging or side effects. Might be worth looking into if your acne is hormonal.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/26/2014 5:53 pm

Thanks so much i am Going To Ask my dermatologist about the spironalactone...the retain a is a slow and irritating process..its been a month and only the texture of my skin has improved...breakouts are still happeneing. I used a glycolic acidcream on some parts of my face to see if it would help and it has faded the hyperpigmentation faster than retin-a....i really do believe its hormonal and thats great news that you found a treatment that works for you...so happy for you

Yes ive been using it for a month every 3 days because im on the 0.1% which is the strongest..im now starting to apply it every other day in hopes that it works faster...its a slow process that comes with horrible side effects..have you ever tried glycolic acid creams?

retin a works like a light chemical peel , i peeled like crazy so i use it every 3 days so the peeling skin is gone first so less irritation

I use AHA to fade my marks, I order it from acne.org, works like a dream. That's a alpha hydroxy acid cream or almost gel like consistency. I love it, I use it to fade away any red spots I had from my acne, and it gives my skin a nice glow and even skin tone, plus it makes my skin so soft and it's very moisturizing so I don't need to use a moisturizer and it's gentle enough to use daily.

I couldn't go any further with retin a. It was prescribed to me for years and years and I hated it the entire time. I just broke out the entire time I used it. It never did anything for my skin. Not a product for me I guess.

MemberMember
(@roxylove08)

Posted : 08/26/2014 7:33 pm

Thanks...ill Have to look into that aha stuff...i dont think the retin a is a product that i can stick too much longer...it just breaks me out...i made an appointment with my obgyn dr. Hopefully he prescribes me the spironolactone and not just borth control pills..iam fed up with all these breakouts.

Yes ive been using it for a month every 3 days because im on the 0.1% which is the strongest..im now starting to apply it every other day in hopes that it works faster...its a slow process that comes with horrible side effects..have you ever tried glycolic acid creams?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/26/2014 8:23 pm

Tell your OBGYN you don't want the risks associated with birth control pills. Spiro is a much safe alternative.

Take a look at this post:

It explains what to say to your OBGYN if they say no to spiro or would rather prescribe birth control.

MemberMember
(@roxylove08)

Posted : 08/27/2014 1:47 am

Wow That Was some great information...i.was wondering Why yaz works good to treat acne...there are so many side effecrs with borth control...the last bc pill i took was just horrible and im trying my best not to go on another form of bc...i have my Appointment next week hopefully my obgyn prescribes me spiro....did you purge with it?

Tell your OBGYN you don't want the risks associated with birth control pills. Spiro is a much safe alternative.Take a look at this post:

It explains what to say to your OBGYN if they say no to spiro or would rather prescribe birth control.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/27/2014 3:29 pm

Wow That Was some great information...i.was wondering Why yaz works good to treat acne...there are so many side effecrs with borth control...the last bc pill i took was just horrible and im trying my best not to go on another form of bc...i have my Appointment next week hopefully my obgyn prescribes me spiro....did you purge with it?

Tell your OBGYN you don't want the risks associated with birth control pills. Spiro is a much safe alternative.Take a look at this post: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/320607-what-to-do-when-your-derm-says-no-to-spiro/

I agree, birth control comes with some awful side effects for some people. Weight gain, it can worsen acne, mood swings, depression, hair loss. Just crazy amounts of things happen. So if you have already had a bad experience with BC pills. I think that gives you an upper hand already with reasoning about not wanting to take another type of birth control. Not that you need a reason to not want to take BC.

I think you have a good chance of getting spiro prescribed. I don't see why they wouldn't prescribe it. I suggest printing out that info that was included in the link I gave you in the last post. Just incase your OBGYN isn't all that familiar with it. I went to my OBGYN I'm hopes she would prescribe it for acne and I was scared she wouldn't know about it, she did know about it and was more than happy to prescribe it. I think you honestly have a better chance of getting it from your OBGYN rather than a dermatologist because OBGYN are very educated about hormonal treatments.

I did not have any type of break out caused from spiro. The thing with spiro is it prevents break outs from happening in the future. It does that by blocking out androgens. It doesn't actually treat the acne you already have. You will need to let your current acne run it's course or you need to treat it with a topical of some sort, what ever works the best for your acne. Then you won't have any new acne cropping up on you.