Notifications
Clear all

Tcm - What's Your Take

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/22/2014 9:29 pm

Anyone have any experience with traditional chinese medicine? I gave the holistic route a years time (with 3 different naturopaths) and it was a waste of my time and money. Should i explore TCM? I have taken the advice given here and I am still dealing with steady acne so I was thinking of giving the holistic practioner route a go. Maybe they can provided fresh eyes on my situation.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/24/2014 1:17 am

Out of curiosity, how long did you stick with the other alternative medicine doctors? You said before that it made it worse and worse, were you able to ride out the peak of the detox breakouts?

I can imagine a very chronic condition taking months to heal and the detox being too miserable to continue through. I can also imagine that, like with other doctors, each one will have different a slightly different protocol that may make all the difference in the world.

My TCM doc told me three months for a complete improvement, they usually say 3-4 months. I've just been responding quickly and being strictly compliant about diet and supplements (100% altered from my lifestyle before.)

If it takes 4 months to repair the underlying causes of your acne, you should still stick it out.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/24/2014 11:27 am

I used each for 3 months. I don't think an everlasting detox is normal. It should usually come in peaks and valleys. And to not see an ounce of improvement in that time is ridiculous. Compliance was never an issue on my part either - followed the book to the T. Also, remember that I had made lifestyle changes before so it wasn't as if my body was doing a complete 180. In any event, this is my last non medical resort as i have tried everything else.