Notifications
Clear all

My 30 Day Challenge- No Picking Face. This Time For Real

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/21/2014 3:27 am

Yesterday ( (20th Aug) marked my first day of the no picking face 30 day challenge.

I really wanted to write down the effects of not picking at my face even though how much I really wanted to just get rid of the whiteheads and blackheads.

A little description about my skin condition:

- Some inflamed acne on forehead and both cheeks

- a cystic acne on chin

-there were some acne scars and scabs

Today is the second day 21st

No picking at my face

Skin condition: the same as 20th. Will update tmr.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/21/2014 10:18 am

Good luck! I'm working on not picking too. Today is day 3 for me. Before that I went a little over a week. I used to pick every day, so I've been improving quite a bit. Not looking in a mirror really helps and so does only washing my face with a wash cloth so I'm not actually touching my face.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/21/2014 1:10 pm

lol

one does not simply not pick pimples

if ur a picker never

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/22/2014 9:03 pm

Today is Day 4

I can see real improvement. I had not picked at any acne for 4 days and they are not as red and inflammed like the first day. Some scabs fallen revealing nice skin. That's a plus! There are two cystic acne that are beginning to subside. Whiteheads are still forming but i refrained from picking it. So far successful for no picking challenge. Will continue updating.

My diet- I had not touched any dairy since June

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/22/2014 11:44 pm

Good job! I still haven't picked yet either. Glad to hear your skin is looking better :)

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/23/2014 8:43 pm

sooner or later u gonna relapse friend 100% and then u gonna go picking cray all ova yer face n b back with red ass face again

anyway

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/23/2014 11:52 pm

sooner or later u gonna relapse friend 100% and then u gonna go picking cray all ova yer face n b back with red ass face again

anyway

Why are you being so negative? Seriously, if you don't have anything helpful to say, then just don't say anything.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/24/2014 5:04 am

there is just no point in trying to not pick

you will only stop to pick when you wont have what to pick

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/24/2014 6:00 am

Day 5

So far so good. All my scabs fell and there is only one cystic acne on forehead. The one on my chin sorta subsided not completely but it was totally painless but before it was quite painful. Some white heads disappeared and there are some new ones. I guess some of them will go away in time. Remember to those who are concerned to be hygienic and keep hands clean when you are putting creams and washing your face. I can say my face is much much less red and not inflamed as before. Currently using clindamycin and skinoren.

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/26/2014 4:26 am

Day 7

1 week has passed! Enduring was worth it! So now my face had at least I can say 70% reduction in redness. I had but only one cystic acne on my forehead now (still healing...) and few bumps, whiteheads here and there. Going to continue with the challenge and will update sooner but if i'm busy, will be weekly.

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/28/2014 10:11 pm

10 day

Gosh can I say that it kept getting better and better. The cystic acne on my forehead is now only a small red dot and is soo unnoticeable! Glad! Ohh I think apart from no-picking, the antibiotic creams helped a lot too. There are scars left on my face and I'm trying to find ways to heal it once I finish my challenge.

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 09/02/2014 3:47 am

14th day - 2 weeks mark

Things had gotten alot better, thereis two red mark on my forehead, few whiteheads and thats it!! There's no more new acne and the oiliness of my skin is controlled thanks to Papulex. So far so good. Cant wait for end result!

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 09/08/2014 9:50 pm

Day 21 - 3 weeks

Its been another 7 days and I noticed huge difference. My skin was mostly cleared by now and my complexion never been better! The marks have slowly faded away and noctive acne now just a few spots and that's it!

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 09/09/2014 11:11 am

That's so awesome! I need to do this! I am way better than I used to be at picking my face...but I still do. This is encouraging to read :)

Keep at it! <3

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 09/11/2014 8:41 am

That's so awesome! I need to do this! I am way better than I used to be at picking my face...but I still do. This is encouraging to read

Keep at it! <3

Thanks! I feel delighted to hear that my post encourages you to do well. I hope this topic would inspire others too. Thanks for your support and you soo need to try out this challenge, the result is worth it:)

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 09/11/2014 9:31 am

That's so awesome! I need to do this! I am way better than I used to be at picking my face...but I still do. This is encouraging to read

Keep at it! <3

Thanks! I feel delighted to hear that my post encourages you to do well. I hope this topic would inspire others too. Thanks for your support and you soo need to try out this challenge, the result is worth it:)

I have!^^ I made my own 30 day post to stop my habit. Thanks again!