Notifications
Clear all

African Black Soap And All Natural

MemberMember
(@boo1229)

Posted : 08/20/2014 11:16 am

I am looking for reviews on SheaMoisture African Black Soap and what to use with it. My daughter has been using Nuetrogena Soap with honey and lemon mask for 20 minutes 3-4 days a week and sleeps with aloe 2-3 days a week. She has moderate/severe acne and extremely sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/20/2014 1:57 pm

I am looking for reviews on SheaMoisture African Black Soap and what to use with it. My daughter has been using Nuetrogena Soap with honey and lemon mask for 20 minutes 3-4 days a week and sleeps with aloe 2-3 days a week. She has moderate/severe acne and extremely sensitive skin.

I would not recommend african black soap for sensitive skin at all. If her acne is severe and scaring, please look into diet changes and visit a derm. Natural remedies are wonderful but i find they work best for occassional or very mild acne that has its roots in hormonal disturbances ( as severe acne tends to have)

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/20/2014 6:51 pm

What all has your daughter skin reacted to in the past? For example I cannot tolerate Neutrogena bar soap because of the glycerin, but their salicylic acne wash is fine.

A mild sulfur soap that she can start with is Kavi Aqua.

If no overdrying occurs she can graduate to the Kavi Coral . Sulfur is vital for treating acne, antikerolytic, antiseptic and natural. Absolutely she could use a mild otc salicylic wash such as Clean and Clear (red bottle.) Salicylic is natural- it's wintergreen.

For a mask she should not be using honey- this is only for dry skin! Clay mixed with apple cider vinegar is indicated for acne.

Also you might want to check out the "other acne treatments" sub forum and "over-the-counter acne treatments" sub forum .

MemberMember
(@boo1229)

Posted : 08/24/2014 12:18 pm

Well her skin looks awful today. Tried the black soap after researching and researching and asking questions. She had medical issues that prevent her from taking Anything and everything to clear acne which a dermatologist would prescribe. I am not sure if the black soap is purging or she is just breaking out but her face looks awful. No clue what to do. Nothing works!!!!! We have tried melaleuca clarity, neutrogenia products, clean and clear, cetaphil, proactive, she was on a clindomycin topical a year and half ago which didn't work either. I am at a loss and feel terrible for her. She is only 11 and is having a very very rough time.