Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first month on Accutane I was on 40 mg. Now I am on my second month on day 35 on 60 mg. I have a few questions can you guys please help me.

1. I don't have dry lips yet. They are just a little bit dry. They don't hurt is that normal.

2. I have pimple under the skin. Will they come up to the surface?

My first month on Accutane I was on 40 mg. Now I am on my second month on day 35 on 60 mg. I have a few questions can you guys please help me.

1. I don't have dry lips yet. They are just a little bit dry. They don't hurt is that normal.

Good luck with your Accutane course!

It's not uncommon a month in for your lips to still be in decent condition. My lips were in good shape until the end of month 2 or the start of month 3. Then they were a nightmare after that.

The pimples under the skin, oh yes Accutane will push them to the surface, along with anything else hiding under there! I take it you haven't had your initial break out? I had mine start in month 2.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck!

Good luck with your Accutane course!

It's not uncommon a month in for your lips to still be in decent condition. My lips were in good shape until the end of month 2 or the start of month 3. Then they were a nightmare after that.

The pimples under the skin, oh yes Accutane will push them to the surface, along with anything else hiding under there! I take it you haven't had your initial break out? I had mine start in month 2.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck!

My skin was more dry in month one when I was on 40 at end of month one it was not dry that. Now I am on 60 I get a dry patch here and there. Around once a day. It that normal? Also I feel like my skin just looks bad around my cheeks. I don't have any pimple there. But I feel like you can see my scaring more.

Thank you for your help.

My skin went through stages too, even when I was on the same doseage. Im not sure why that happens. I would get little patches of rough dry skin too. I just moisturized them on and off all day long and they cleared up quickly. They would itch pretty bad. I decided that if I moisturized after every shower then it probably wouldn't happen. I was right, so even though my skin didn't feel like it needed to be moisturized I would do it anyways. I used moisturizer two to three times a day in my face, because trying to apply makeup over dry flaking skin is not fun, nor does it look good. I used ceraVe. I still do actually, really nice stuff. For my body I used Vaseline intensive skin therpy lotion. Seemed to work just fine!

My skin went through stages too, even when I was on the same doseage. Im not sure why that happens. I would get little patches of rough dry skin too. I just moisturized them on and off all day long and they cleared up quickly. They would itch pretty bad. I decided that if I moisturized after every shower then it probably wouldn't happen. I was right, so even though my skin didn't feel like it needed to be moisturized I would do it anyways. I used moisturizer two to three times a day in my face, because trying to apply makeup over dry flaking skin is not fun, nor does it look good. I used ceraVe. I still do actually, really nice stuff. For my body I used Vaseline intensive skin therpy lotion. Seemed to work just fine!

Thank you!! I feel so much better now!!