Notifications
Clear all

Acne Success Story

MemberMember
(@idlekoala)

Posted : 08/19/2014 2:34 pm

Hey Guys, I had acne for around 2 years. It may not seem like that long for some of you but trust me, 2 years is to long. I am 17 now so I started getting acne around 15. At first it was just normal teen acne, a few red spots and a white head here and there. But as time went on it got worse. My dad had acne when was a kid and he didn't want me to go through the same thing so he decided to take me to the derm. My derm prescribed the basics for acne, Minocycline and Epiduo.

I would like to say they made a little bit of a difference, but honestly I don't know if they did, this was over a year ago. So I stopped using Epiduo but I continued to use Minocycline. I had a weird reaction to Minocycline though, even though it helped clear my acne a little, it gave me little tiny dark spots all over my face, they were under the skin and pretty much hyper-pigmentation. At first I didnt think it was due to the Minocycline but as time went on and the dark spots became worse it was clear. So I stopped taking Minocycline around Christmas of 2013, and then my acne got even worse.

Since every soap and face washed I had tired failed, and now even Epiduo and Minocyline failed me too, I said screw it, im going all natural. I did the caveman regimen, I tired all natural soaps, tea tree oil, I cleaned up my diet, I even started taking a TON of vitamins and minerals. These things helped a little but I still had break outs.

The sad thing is all this time I KNEW about Dan's Regimen!! But I didn't think it would work and I thought Benzoyl Peroxide was the devil. I could of saved myself so many acne scars and a ton of annoying acne!

So finally around 3 months ago I started the Regimen, I did use the acne,org products at first, but since then I have found products that work for me for less. But if you are just starting out I 100% recommend the Acne.org products.

Now on to my Personal Regimen.

Morning:

Cleanser- Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps( This cleanser can be a bit strong if your skin is not used to it, I had been using it for months before I started the regimen. I if you are just starting out use Clean&Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin).

Toner-Simple Soothing Facial Toner( This is an amazing toner and its great for your skin).

BP- Dr Song 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide( 11$ for 8oz and amazon) Or Acne.org BP( Just make sure the BP is in gel form).

Moisturizer/Sunscreen- Coppertone Oil Free 30SPF Sunscreen( I use this sunscreen as my moisturizer and sunscreen. I found that normal moisturizers with SPF do not prevent dry flaky skin as well as just using a sunscreen).

Night:

The first few steps are the same, except I use Witch Hazel as my toner( just to make my Simple toner last longer). Witch Hazel is great for your skin as well.

Moisturizer- This took me longest to get right, but finally after alot of trail and error I figured it out for me. Cetaphil DailyAdvanced Lotion( Make SURE you get the one that says non-comedogenic). Jojoba Oil( very important, a must have!) Then after you have been on the Regimen for a month you can use AHA. I use the Acne.org AHA. And how I use it is very simple. Just mix Cetaphil Lotion with equal parts of AHA and then mix in a few drops of Jojoba oil. Then every few days I only use AHA all over my face for a more powerful exfoliation.

Tips: Be VERY gentle on your skin!! This is soooo important to the Regimen, dont pick at your face or touch it though out the day. Wash your hands before you do ANYTHING that involves touching your face. Do not wash your face more then 3 times through out the day. If you need to wash you face cause you just worked out or got dirty, just wash your face with a gentle cleanser, tone your skin with a toner, and reapply sunscreen( you don't need to put on BP again).

Extra: I still do take a few vitamins, I do find they help the condition of my skin and improve my quality of life. I take Zinc Picolinate 50mg, Saw Palmentto 450mg, Green Tea Extract 250mg, L-Lysine 1000mg and Garlic 1000mg. If you want to know why these are good for acne you can Google them, I dont have the time to go into each one in detail. I also drink Kombucha Tea, kombucha is fermented drink that contains healthy bacteria that are good for you. The reason I drink Kombucha is because I believe that the Minocycline I took for many months killed alot of good bacteria in my stomach. So I drink kombucha to restore those good bacteria back to balance. Plus it tastes good, again if you want to know more about kombucha dont just take my word for it please look it up yourself.

Now its time for the before and after pictures. I still have alot of acne scars and some dark spots and some black heads on my nose, but those will just fade with time. I still do get the occasional zit but its nothing like it was before. Thanks for reading, hopefully you understood what I was saying, I suck at writing lol, my skin was alittle flaky in a few of the pics, oh well.

post-375356-0-97314500-1408476325.jpgpost-375356-0-13056200-1408476349.jpg

post-375356-0-78748200-1408476361.jpgpost-375356-0-50794600-1408476389.jpg

post-375356-0-04484900-1408476411.jpgpost-375356-0-34913500-1408476417.jpg

post-375356-0-77050300-1408476436.jpg

DevotedKnee, Anonymous412, Nik4200 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 08/19/2014 10:30 pm

Awesome results!

MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 08/21/2014 10:10 am

Congratulations! It's so encouraging to see people who've gotten great results.

MemberMember
(@eduardv)

Posted : 09/04/2014 5:06 pm

Awesome results ! Thank you for your thread !

MemberMember
(@dreamerhigh)

Posted : 09/05/2014 2:03 am

MemberMember
(@serendipity87)

Posted : 10/14/2014 8:35 am

I m on week 3 and i got 2 new breakouts....i had to cut out bp from my morning routine because it made my skin horrible! Red burning itchy tight dry rough flaky....this way its better. I only cleanse and moisturize in the morning. I use foundation with salycic acid in the morning.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/15/2014 11:07 am

Congrats!!! :) Great before and after photos, too! The red marks and minor scars do fade with time.

MemberMember
(@nik4200)

Posted : 07/19/2017 9:41 pm

On 8/19/2014 at 0:34 PM, IdleKoala said:

Hey Guys, I had acne for around 2 years. It may not seem like that long for some of you but trust me, 2 years is to long. I am 17 now so I started getting acne around 15. At first it was just normal teen acne, a few red spots and a white head here and there. But as time went on it got worse. My dad had acne when was a kid and he didn't want me to go through the same thing so he decided to take me to the derm. My derm prescribed the basics for acne, Minocycline and Epiduo.

I would like to say they made a little bit of a difference, but honestly I don't know if they did, this was over a year ago. So I stopped using Epiduo but I continued to use Minocycline. I had a weird reaction to Minocycline though, even though it helped clear my acne a little, it gave me little tiny dark spots all over my face, they were under the skin and pretty much hyper-pigmentation. At first I didnt think it was due to the Minocycline but as time went on and the dark spots became worse it was clear. So I stopped taking Minocycline around Christmas of 2013, and then my acne got even worse.

Since every soap and face washed I had tired failed, and now even Epiduo and Minocyline failed me too, I said screw it, im going all natural. I did the caveman regimen, I tired all natural soaps, tea tree oil, I cleaned up my diet, I even started taking a TON of vitamins and minerals. These things helped a little but I still had break outs.

The sad thing is all this time I KNEW about Dan's Regimen!! But I didn't think it would work and I thought Benzoyl Peroxide was the devil. I could of saved myself so many acne scars and a ton of annoying acne!

So finally around 3 months ago I started the Regimen, I did use the acne,org products at first, but since then I have found products that work for me for less. But if you are just starting out I 100% recommend the Acne.org products.

Now on to my Personal Regimen.

Morning:

Cleanser- Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps( This cleanser can be a bit strong if your skin is not used to it, I had been using it for months before I started the regimen. I if you are just starting out use Clean&Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin).

Toner-Simple Soothing Facial Toner( This is an amazing toner and its great for your skin).

BP- Dr Song 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide( 11$ for 8oz and amazon) Or Acne.org BP( Just make sure the BP is in gel form).

Moisturizer/Sunscreen- Coppertone Oil Free 30SPF Sunscreen( I use this sunscreen as my moisturizer and sunscreen. I found that normal moisturizers with SPF do not prevent dry flaky skin as well as just using a sunscreen).

Night:

The first few steps are the same, except I use Witch Hazel as my toner( just to make my Simple toner last longer). Witch Hazel is great for your skin as well.

Moisturizer- This took me longest to get right, but finally after alot of trail and error I figured it out for me. Cetaphil DailyAdvanced Lotion( Make SURE you get the one that says non-comedogenic). Jojoba Oil( very important, a must have!) Then after you have been on the Regimen for a month you can use AHA. I use the Acne.org AHA. And how I use it is very simple. Just mix Cetaphil Lotion with equal parts of AHA and then mix in a few drops of Jojoba oil. Then every few days I only use AHA all over my face for a more powerful exfoliation.

Tips: Be VERY gentle on your skin!! This is soooo important to the Regimen, dont pick at your face or touch it though out the day. Wash your hands before you do ANYTHING that involves touching your face. Do not wash your face more then 3 times through out the day. If you need to wash you face cause you just worked out or got dirty, just wash your face with a gentle cleanser, tone your skin with a toner, and reapply sunscreen( you don't need to put on BP again).

Extra: I still do take a few vitamins, I do find they help the condition of my skin and improve my quality of life. I take Zinc Picolinate 50mg, Saw Palmentto 450mg, Green Tea Extract 250mg, L-Lysine 1000mg and Garlic 1000mg. If you want to know why these are good for acne you can Google them, I dont have the time to go into each one in detail. I also drink Kombucha Tea, kombucha is fermented drink that contains healthy bacteria that are good for you. The reason I drink Kombucha is because I believe that the Minocycline I took for many months killed alot of good bacteria in my stomach. So I drink kombucha to restore those good bacteria back to balance. Plus it tastes good, again if you want to know more about kombucha dont just take my word for it please look it up yourself.

Now its time for the before and after pictures. I still have alot of acne scars and some dark spots and some black heads on my nose, but those will just fade with time. I still do get the occasional zit but its nothing like it was before. Thanks for reading, hopefully you understood what I was saying, I suck at writing lol, my skin was alittle flaky in a few of the pics, oh well.

009.JPG011 (2).JPG

011.JPG012 (2).JPG

012.JPG014.JPG

013.JPG

Amazing