Notifications
Clear all

To All The Ladies Out There

MemberMember
(@jsm1894)

Posted : 08/19/2014 9:59 am

I just wanted to share a little story with all of you. I am currently a 20 yr old college student and my senior year of high school I was pretty seriously involved with a girl at my high school. She suffered from pretty severe acne even though it was non-cystic. I was considered a jock (one of the captains of the baseball team) and often heard guys make comments about her acne. Let me tell you, i was the first one to stop this. When i saw this girl i saw her for the amazing, smart, caring girl she was. This was at a time where I couldn't have known what she was going through because this was far before my acne came about. I witnessed how self-conscious she was, and realized how the opinions of many others affected her. Long story short, we ended up breaking up when college started, but I will never forget this girl. Don't think its out of the question for someone to love you due to acne, because it's simply not true. Yes, I am young but I would consider her my first love. Today I am 1 month post accutane and am left with some pretty serious red marks and scarring. i often don't leave my room unless its for class, or the gym. I know how it feels, and dwelling on it only makes it worse. I would have never and will now never turn down a girl because of her acne, because I recognize the feelings that correlate with this disease. I will say a prayer for all of you, that not only you can see yourself as the beautiful, amazing people you are, but that you find happiness in life, school, or whatever other thing you become involved in.

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 08/21/2014 10:00 am

What a wonderful thing to share.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/21/2014 4:03 pm

Back at ya, JSM1894!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/21/2014 9:59 pm

Great post!

MemberMember
(@dreamerhigh)

Posted : 08/23/2014 1:26 pm

yeah I actually think acne is hot on guys in the fact I can relate to what they are goin thru My acne is slowly going away everyday, (= but know I see acne on a guy as a turn on just cause I fell closer to them and more connected There was a guy at my old school with acne it wasn't even horrible we ere friends in that flirtashis way. I always made him fell better and I will always remember him so yeah just cause someone has acne doesn't mean they wont be loved . For me its the opposite if I uy has acne its a turn on and I usually just want to give them a hug and I don't make them cookies just cause I connect with them and I know their pain and I wanna help

MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 08/28/2014 10:17 pm

I just wanted to share a little story with all of you. I am currently a 20 yr old college student and my senior year of high school I was pretty seriously involved with a girl at my high school. She suffered from pretty severe acne even though it was non-cystic. I was considered a jock (one of the captains of the baseball team) and often heard guys make comments about her acne. Let me tell you, i was the first one to stop this. When i saw this girl i saw her for the amazing, smart, caring girl she was. This was at a time where I couldn't have known what she was going through because this was far before my acne came about. I witnessed how self-conscious she was, and realized how the opinions of many others affected her. Long story short, we ended up breaking up when college started, but I will never forget this girl. Don't think its out of the question for someone to love you due to acne, because it's simply not true. Yes, I am young but I would consider her my first love. Today I am 1 month post accutane and am left with some pretty serious red marks and scarring. i often don't leave my room unless its for class, or the gym. I know how it feels, and dwelling on it only makes it worse. I would have never and will now never turn down a girl because of her acne, because I recognize the feelings that correlate with this disease. I will say a prayer for all of you, that not only you can see yourself as the beautiful, amazing people you are, but that you find happiness in life, school, or whatever other thing you become involved in.

This was so nice to read. NOW, I just need to find a man who has the same mindset. Such struggles 🙁

MemberMember
(@creativedisplayname)

Posted : 08/28/2014 11:11 pm

wow, this kind of made me wanna cry

MemberMember
(@roxylove08)

Posted : 09/05/2014 4:02 am

I agree...i.cried a little at the end...this.gives us girls hope that we will find love one day