Notifications
Clear all

Bad Batch Of Jojoba Oil?

MemberMember
(@brunette78)

Posted : 08/18/2014 4:43 pm

Hi. I've been buying Dan's jojoba oil for the last four years. I purchased a new bottle about a month ago. When I received it, I noticed the color was a little off. I compared it to my old bottle. Then upon closer inspection, I noticed the oil was a little cloudy & had tiny particles floating around. I opened the bottle to smell it & it smelled like cooking oil. There's another post on this forum with a similar complaint. Anyways, I contacted customer service & included photos. I received the following response:

Looks like there are molds that developed in the bottle. This usually happens when the Jojoba Oil is stored in hot or moist places. We have sent you a replacement to your address.

Then, when I received the new bottle, it was the same as the other bad bottle!

I contacted customer service again & this was their new response: Thank you for contacting us. I checked the pictures that you sent before and those small things floating are just build up of the jojoba oil which is usually yellowish or whitish in color. The jojoba oil also has a distinct smell to it because it is 100% organic. We do not add any other ingredients to it. We do apologize for the misinformation before about these floating particles. We assure you that both bottles of jojoba oil that are with you are safe to use.

Dan's jojoba oil has NEVER smelled like cooking oil. The color & consistency has always been the same, until now apparently. I'm not going to use something that may have mold or an off putting scent. Now I have 2 full bottles of jojoba oil that I'm never going to use. And now I'll be returning both.