Notifications
Clear all

No Dryness?

MemberMember
(@mitchellfit33)

Posted : 08/18/2014 1:40 am

I just switched over to the regimen from proactiv a week ago exactly. I have noticed some improvement in my acne but everything I have read is telling me my skin should be dry, itchy and a little red by now and in these first few weeks and although it's nice that I'm not experiencing any of that it makes me wonder if my skin is a little too used to BP from the proactiv? Should I immediately up the amount of BP I am using or gradually increase as directed?

MemberMember
(@noamiya14)

Posted : 08/18/2014 10:26 am

dont increase the amount of the bp just use the regimen like instruction said.

im on the second week and my skin isnt dry at all but my acne really look much better.

just be happy thay you skin isnt dry and keep with regimen as usual.

MemberMember
(@dwlee)

Posted : 08/18/2014 12:36 pm

You're lucky then. I would assume that the ProActiv has already readied your face.

I'm on day 5, and I feel like leatherface. <-- This accurately describes my face during my smiles, frowns, and everything in between.

Stick with the regimen!

MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 08/19/2014 2:14 pm

I also noticed very little flaking and redness in my first week, but I recommend still keeping to the suggested dosage. The dryness can definitely catch up to you as you go on, and it's just not worth it to rush into the BP and then a week later end up with chunks of skin flaking off your face!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/20/2014 7:53 pm

Proactive would most definitely have caused your skin to be less sensitive to BP, however you will be using a lot more BP following the regimen than you would have using proactive. The dryness will catch up, so take it slow and steady and follow the instructions.