Notifications
Clear all

Boils/huge Pustules Whatever

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 08/17/2014 3:31 am

The reason I am posting this in this section is because I find people in this part of the forum more helpful and responsive.

Anyways, ever since I stopped taking minocycline after 10 months, I have been getting these boils that are filled with pus. So first they are just bumps that you can feel, but then they come to head and get filled with pus and blood and rupture. They stay around for like 10 days before they start healing and takes a total of 2-3 weeks to go away. I got them between my legs twice and now on my back right under my neck, all within a month and they are quite painful once they burst and have this foul smell.

I think I have a mixture of folliculitis and acne on my face but now I am starting to think.. is it possible I have a staph infection or MRSA maybe? I went to a doctor who prescribe me Bactrim DS for 2 weeks but I have not taken them since I just came off antiobiotics after two years, but I am seriously considering taking it to maybe kill whatever infection I have.

What do you guys think it is? Any tips?

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 08/27/2014 11:42 pm

So I got another one on my back under my neck. This one is huge and itchy and full of pus and blood. My doctor said this is a cyst which needs to be removed surgically. I don't understand why I'm getting these right after I stopped minocycline.

Is this a staph infection? Does anyone know?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/01/2014 2:16 am

No one one these boards is qualified to determine if you have a staph infection based on a text description of pus filled boils.

You need to trust your doctor on this one, take the Bactrim that you were prescribed, and if you're still concerned go in for an appointment and ask if there is a possibility you have staph.

MemberMember
(@rocketboysf)

Posted : 02/16/2015 6:01 pm

First thank you for your posts and sharing experiences. I have the exact same thing!

I am constantly developping white pus zits around mouth and chin! I started developing this about a year ago.

Can you please share what worked for you ?

Symptoms

---------------

- constant small white pus zits around mouth and chin. dry up in about 2-3 days.

- few more start when one stops!

- red bumps

- redness irritation.

- All these symptoms only around nose , mouth and chin. rest of the face is clear!

- constant Dandruff also.

Didn't work : Tried following from Derm,

------------------------------------

- Doxycline Hycyclate

- Minocycline

- Differin

- Promiseb

- Zaina

- Aczone

- pretty much all steriod crap.

Remedies worked that helped a little but not cured completely

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACV

Clay masks

Yogurt masks

Candida Diet - No sugar, No milk

ACV for dandruff.

SLS free stuff

Non flouride tooth paste

brush with sodium bi carboate (ew!)

Diet:

------

I have been eating like a monk from past 2 years,

fruits for breakfast

salads

bunch of green vegetables

yogurt once in a while.

tried candida dietfor couple of weeks which seem to clear up a bit and not complete relief.

Things next to try:

-----------------------

- Connection of these symptoms to histamine intolerance ?

- Connection of these symptoms to fungal ?

- what is the damn white pus ?

- supplements - L-Lysine, L - Glutamine

This thing brought me down so much in my life! There are days when i just sit in my room and cry because I have pretty much tried everything under the sun. I am even worried to go meet my sisters kids sad.png Please help share your expertise and what worked for you guys. Please drop a note and i really need your support to keep me motivated to see the light at the end of tunnel.

thanks!

MemberMember
(@qtip)

Posted : 03/01/2015 10:19 am

First thank you for your posts and sharing experiences. I have the exact same thing!

I am constantly developping white pus zits around mouth and chin! I started developing this about a year ago.

Can you please share what worked for you ?

Symptoms

---------------

- constant small white pus zits around mouth and chin. dry up in about 2-3 days.

- few more start when one stops!

- red bumps

- redness irritation.

- All these symptoms only around nose , mouth and chin. rest of the face is clear!

- constant Dandruff also.

Didn't work : Tried following from Derm,

------------------------------------

- Doxycline Hycyclate

- Minocycline

- Differin

- Promiseb

- Zaina

- Aczone

- pretty much all steriod crap.

Remedies worked that helped a little but not cured completely

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACV

Clay masks

Yogurt masks

Candida Diet - No sugar, No milk

ACV for dandruff.

SLS free stuff

Non flouride tooth paste

brush with sodium bi carboate (ew!)

Diet:

------

I have been eating like a monk from past 2 years,

fruits for breakfast

salads

bunch of green vegetables

yogurt once in a while.

tried candida dietfor couple of weeks which seem to clear up a bit and not complete relief.

Things next to try:

-----------------------

- Connection of these symptoms to histamine intolerance ?

- Connection of these symptoms to fungal ?

- what is the damn white pus ?

- supplements - L-Lysine, L - Glutamine

This thing brought me down so much in my life! There are days when i just sit in my room and cry because I have pretty much tried everything under the sun. I am even worried to go meet my sisters kids sad.png Please help share your expertise and what worked for you guys. Please drop a note and i really need your support to keep me motivated to see the light at the end of tunnel.

thanks!

Hey rocket,

I have the same thing happening to me. Exactly! I had acne as a kid and it cleared up in my twenties all the way through til I was 33. All of a sudden last year, I began to get white pus filled acne all over near my lips and around my nose. I waited 5 months until going to a dermatologist, which was in Dec '14. He thought it might have been a staph infection and prescribed me doxycyline and muciprin. Right after I took the two week prescription of doxy, it cleared up completely! I was super happy until it came back a month later, but with vengeance. On top of the pus filled white heads, I got some cystic pimples on my lip, which looked like cold sores but had pus coming out so I don't think they were. This has been a nightmare and I sympathize with you. Your life is going great, and all of a sudden, you get hit with this issue.

I've looked back to see what the triggers could have been. I did go through a stressful time last summer when this first happened to me. My gf cheated on me and I was taking this rigorous financial exam. I think it may have contributed to the initial outbreak. I try to look at what foods I've eaten, and think maybe an increased amount of dairy has contributed, but not too sure. I've cut dairy since Dec '14 but since I've been on medication, I do know if it's been working.

So when I went back to my doctor in January, he prescribed me more doxycycline, which I took for all of February, and it worked like a charm, until a few days ago. I think the bacteria became resistant to the antibiotic. He also prescribed me clydamicin phosphate which is a watery topical antibiotic which I am just starting to use now. I'll see if this works, but I hate taking all these medicines. I want to find a holistic solution and get to the bottom of why this happened to me. I can tell you that I have hepatitis B (my siblings and I contracted from my mother). So I don't know if that means I have a poor liver function, but in my last few check ups, my doctor said I had some irregular results. I need to go back to the doctor to check.

Anyway, the main reason for my post is to let you know you're not alone on this specific issue. I have the exact same thing. Right when you think the white heads will dry up and go away, a few more pop right back up, in the same places.

I'll keep you posted on my status and what may work for me. Please do the same if you can. And feel free to ask me any questions.

Take care.

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 03/07/2015 12:34 pm

I have a very similar condition to rocket and qtip. Recently I've been trying a new regimen with mixed results, I'm on week #3:

- Water only caveman regimen (I use jojoba oil to moisturize at night though)

- Oil pulling with organic coconut oil

- Polysporin in my nose and ear

- Candida diet

I feel like if it is any type of staph, the oil pulling / antibacterial in the nose / jojoba may kill everything. Especially since it's concentrated around my mouth and nose. It's been a few days since I've seen any new breakouts, but it is too early to tell. I'll post my findings and log in the next week here.

Cheers,