Notifications
Clear all

Been Off Accutane For Over 2 Years

MemberMember
(@electroswing)

Posted : 08/16/2014 6:58 pm

Been off accutane for over two years and still one of the best decisions of my life.

I still have scars and break out once in a while but I have been extremely satisfied

I can finally look at my face without a smidge of makeup and smile.

None of these pictures have any kind of makeup / filters.

If anyone has questions , feel free to message me!fjuiSmX.jpg

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/16/2014 9:30 pm

You look lovely either way

Im happy you're happy

MemberMember
(@electroswing)

Posted : 08/17/2014 3:02 pm

You look lovely either way smile.png

Im happy you're happy

biggrin.png

You are too sweet, thank you!

MemberMember
(@lilmama0922)

Posted : 08/18/2014 9:31 am

Hello! Beautiful! I am on accutane and I started May 2nd, and will be done at the end of Oct. (Decided to do the 6 month course). My question is what was your dosage each month? And did you get to your cumulative dosage? I am female, 27, and had extremely oily skin. I had persistent moderate acne which would leave scarring. . So far the worst side effects have been dry lips (obviously lol) and really dry eyes which is super annoying with contacts. But I did not get the IB which I was thankful for. Anyways so far I'm so happy that I decided to do this. After years of topical s, and antibiotics I knew I needed to get on accutane. Thanks again for sharing!!

Jess

MemberMember
(@electroswing)

Posted : 08/21/2014 3:52 pm

Hi Jess!! YAYY! I'm so glad you took the initiative for Accutane! I completely get you! I was 22 when I started and I felt like I was too old to be dealing with this now. I'm twenty four now and I am so happy!! I was on 40mg twice a day from day 1. Therefore 80 mg per day which was intense. My course lasted 5 months and I've been well since! Obviously I have a few blemishes here and there but I can't express how much this changed mylife!

I also had extremely oily skin on my T zone and couldn't even deal with looking at myself in the mirror!

I still have a little bit of scarring but I am completely fine with it and comfortable with looking at myself again!

I had intense joint pain for a couple of hours every night, dry lips but it was all worth it.

You can message me if you have any more questions :)

MemberMember
(@muffinbunny)

Posted : 08/28/2014 5:47 pm

You & your skin look totally beautiful! I loved my skin post Accutane! It went to hell when I fell pregnant with my son 4 years ago though & its not cleared up since, its still not as bad as it was pre-accutane though :) xx