Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrb23

future treatments

Hi what do you folks think about the future ......

Do you think maybe over 3 years or so the treatments are much better than now?

I think because of isolagen theory i think if you can make your own cells grow then about a couple of years they can much more ....

Just want your meaning about the future of scar treatments

they can take a infant foreskin (not attached the infact of course eusa_angel.gif ) and grow a piece of skin the size of a few football fields from it. Freaky eusa_shifty.gif

what we need to do is ... put all derms and surgeons into a prison ... and we release em once they discovers a way to treat scars most effectively ...

The treatments might advance in 3 years.... If it's any indication, I've been posting here for about 2 years. Not sure scar treatments are foremost in Medical minds. Isolagen is hopeful, though the results have not been as dramatic as a lot of people here had hoped.

I think it might take more than 3 years before stem cell research takes off, no thanks to the election results. But California is being very progressive about it. They just passed an initiative on stem cell research funding which Arnold supported. How this translates into helping with acne scars I don't know, the focus will really probably be on treating Alzheimers, MS, Parkinson's, and other life-threatening diseases (which they should).

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...0540EST0099.DTL

ok...thanks for answering i think we are very close to much better treatment as we are now have...time we tell........

In 3 -5 years treatments should be much better. At least Renovo is pushing real hard to get all clinical trials done until then and get it approved. If that drug could really prevent scarring, it would be a revolution. I bet it will cost a fortune though...

oh I am talking about this by the way...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/feature/sto...1166287,00.html

this was posted before. But I talked to some guy from that company, and he told me that it is a long process but clinical trials are udnerway in the UK and should start beginning of 2005 in the US.

keep your fingers crossed that this works.