Notifications
Clear all

Acne Around Chin/mouth

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/16/2014 11:30 am

those areas were clear , i been on my same diet and regimen for about 6 months and it got clear but all of a sudden those area started breaking out like crazy and i cant figure out why

i just added saw palmetto 1 week ago and im taking dim supplement aswell

can that be a problem ??

i believe it can be the saw palmetto causing my acne for some reason

im a male

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/16/2014 1:27 pm

so this is what i researched and think so far , tell me if im wrong

saw palmetto reduce testerone but increases esotrogen

dim reduce estrogen but increase testerone

i think im getting new acne breakouts because of the saw palmetto 90% sure

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 08/16/2014 6:21 pm

How long have you been taking DIM for? Why did you add saw palmetto of you were clear?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/17/2014 1:13 am

You are more likely getting breakouts because of the DIM. Testosterone is the typical culprit in the acne you are describing.

I personally broke out every time I tried DIM.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 08/17/2014 11:25 am

GreenGables,

Is it possible that you were getting an initial breakout and if you were to continue on DIM, you may have found a resolution? Did you ever try Natures Way, it seems the best reviewed?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/17/2014 8:22 pm

GreenGables,

Is it possible that you were getting an initial breakout and if you were to continue on DIM, you may have found a resolution? Did you ever try Natures Way, it seems the best reviewed?

I had been 100% clear for months when I tried DIM. I don't believe in "initial breakouts" in this case, because it would imply that there was something waiting under the skin for months to "purge" when I took the DIM. As I said, since I had been clear for months, the more logical explanation was that the DIM directly changed the hormonal balance to create new acne.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/22/2014 1:02 pm

GreenGables,

I had been 100% clear for months when I tried DIM. I don't believe in "initial breakouts" in this case, because it would imply that there was something waiting under the skin for months to "purge" when I took the DIM. As I said, since I had been clear for months, the more logical explanation was that the DIM directly changed the hormonal balance to create new acne.

no it isnt because i been taking dim for a year now and when i just started saw palmetto is when i started breaking out

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 08/22/2014 2:22 pm

LeadingForce, were you clear on DIM? I've recently started it myself.

GreenGables,

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/22/2014 6:24 pm

LeadingForce, were you clear on DIM? I've recently started it myself.

GreenGables,

no it isnt because i been taking dim for a year now and when i just started saw palmetto is when i started breaking out

yes i was clear when i was on dim

saw palmetto helps if you have acne from testerone but then it increases estrogen then from what i read