What Are Products T...

Notifications
Clear all

What Are Products That Go Beyond The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 08/16/2014 12:34 am

So I have very acne prone skin, but this year I discovered The Regimen, which cleared up my skin! I had moderate acne before this, and The Regimen has worked miracles for me.

Anyway, I used everything acne.org told me to - the cleanser, the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, the moisturizer, the AHA+, the jojoba oil, the suggested sunscreen options.

I know this site says NOT to introduce any other products into this regimen... but now that my skin is clear (aside from the unfortunate leftover hyperpigmentation and pitted scarring), I find that I am obsessed with not only having clear skin, but I also want baby-soft, glowing, overall healthy looking skin! So I want to start introducing other products into The Regimen, regardless of this site's advice not to...

Has anyone had any success doing this and finding products that won't break you out? What did the new products do for your skin? How do you fit them in with The Regimen?

Someone has suggested Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque to me... let me know if you happen to recommend that as well!

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/22/2014 2:58 am

I don't have any advice about introducing new products on the regimen exactly, but I can relate to you wanting better results or more 'perfection' compared to what you have already. Sometimes though too much of a good thing can be a bad thing and they always say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" (or something along those lines)

What in trying to say is that introducing a new product may okay have the opposite effect, it might even break you out initially and you may become discouraged. Perhaps weekly manual exfoliation might be an idea to try, you get some good natural home made one's like Brown sugar scrubs with honey or I've read one about aspirin too. If you have money maybe even a Clarisonic brush could be good, I love how did my skin feels afterwards...but again there are alot of mixed reviews about that.

Congrats on the transformation though with the regimen :)