Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eZero G

:: Prevent Acne without chemicals/medications

When my father who is a doctor found out that I am using Benzoyl Peroxide and all these other chemicals, he got mad at me and told me not to buy anymore of those products. He explained to me how Benzoyl Peroxide will sooner or later destroy the skin and such. He allowed me to use regular cleanser and sunscreens. Please list, clarify, and validate methods/tips that don't use chemicals such as peroxides Here's what I have collected so far:

-TAPE METHOD

-VINEGAR/WATER and LEMON METHOD

-REGULAR SWIMMING

-EXERCISING

-NO BREAD/WHEAT/MILK

-NO SWEETS

-REGULAR SLEEP

-SUNBLOCK

-DON'T TOUCH FACE

-DON'T STAY TOO LONG IN THE SUN

Please help.

If any of you use just cold water as a Regimen, please tell me if it really works.

I find your fathers reaction somewhat surprising...he doesn't want you to use any medication whatsoever to manage your acne?

-TAPE METHOD

^ both methods of exfoliation...neither of them will have much /any affect on active acne. You wouldn't do both - I suggest the vinegar instead of the tape method.

-REGULAR SWIMMING

-EXERCISING

-REGULAR SLEEP

^ good lifestyle choices - will probably have no/not much affect on acne

-NO BREAD/WHEAT/MILK

-NO SWEETS

^ some people swear that cutting back on insulin producing foods help their acne. Doesn't work for all.

-SUNBLOCK

^ as long as it is not pore clogging...it will help stop hyper-pigmented areas darkening. Also sunblock is a key way to minimise skin aging and skin cancer risk. Not likely to have much affect on active acne.

-DON'T TOUCH FACE

^ very useful for not spreading infection

other suggestions

- B5 or Zinc supplementation?

- aspirin masks?

I find your fathers reaction somewhat surprising...he doesn't want you to use any medication whatsoever to manage your acne?

-TAPE METHOD

^ both methods of exfoliation...neither of them will have much /any affect on active acne. You wouldn't do both - I suggest the vinegar instead of the tape method.

-REGULAR SWIMMING

-EXERCISING

-REGULAR SLEEP

^ good lifestyle choices - will probably have no/not much affect on acne

-NO BREAD/WHEAT/MILK

-NO SWEETS

^ some people swear that cutting back on insulin producing foods help their acne.  Doesn't work for all.

-SUNBLOCK

^ as long as it is not pore clogging...it will help stop hyper-pigmented areas darkening. Also sunblock is a key way to minimise skin aging and skin cancer risk. Not likely to have much affect on active acne.

-DON'T TOUCH FACE

^ very useful for not spreading infection

other suggestions

- B5 or Zinc supplementation?

- aspirin masks?

None of those things would stop me from breaking out....But I just thought of a good product for you. Tea tree or Manuka oil. ...surely your pop wouldn't object to that? That would give at least give you a disinfectant option.