Notifications
Clear all

What Cleanser And Rich Moisturizer Can I Use For My Skin?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/14/2014 6:16 pm

My skin is breaking out like mad and it is highly sensitized and dry especialy around the mouth. What cleanser and moisturizer can people recommend. I am starting an acne treatment in a month that will be sure to dry out my skin.

Cleanser should be for highly sensitive skin (non foaming) and moisturizer should be rich.

MemberMember
(@irish82)

Posted : 08/14/2014 7:17 pm

I found that anything medicated would make my skin super sensitive and break out while on accutane. I also found that any heavy moisturiser would clog my pores and still cause breakouts.

I used aveeno cleanser, aveeno face moisturiser with SPF, and Vaseline light (gel) aloe Vera body moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 08/14/2014 7:30 pm

It may sound like blasphemy to say it on this site but over the now 13 years that I have had acne, I realize that just using water on my face has worked the best for me. Proactive, The Regimen, every retinoid, every antibiotic, etc.

I have used the regimen about 3 different times (each lasting over a year) and quit each time despite it helping a bit. I always had a feeling that the cleansing portion was hurting my results (my face was barely able to move after I would wash my face) but was told constantly it was the BP causing the dry and uncomfortable skin. I also had developed eczema and red patches on my face and it always itched.

6 months ago, I decided to give the regimen a final shot but without using a cleanser as I always hated that part. I just run water over it before applying BP. I can now use 2 pumps of BP, or more if I want, and my results have been amazing. I get a small pimple every 2 weeks with zero dryness or irritation despite a ton of BP.

Just something to think about if you are prone to irritation as I have personally found out that cleansing has only been harmful to my skin and played no part in decreased breakouts. Also my moisturizer of choice is Cerave Moisturizing Lotion. I mix it with some jojoba oil and it works perfect.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/14/2014 8:03 pm

I'm really liking Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser right now. It has both glycolic acid and salicylic acid in it so I find it helps keep my skin clear. Most cleansers clog me or irritate me, and this is one of the few that doesn't. I can't use any moisturizer on my face, especially rich ones, because they all break me out. However, you could try something like vaseline or elta MD intense. Both contain petrolatum and are rich. I can't use them because my skin doesn't like petrolatum, but some acne prone people find it works well for them. What's nice about those two is that they contain minimal ingredients.

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 08/14/2014 8:22 pm

CeraVE moisturizer is great!It is inexpensive too!

It is light and very good for your skin. It has hyaluronic acid in it.

As far as cleansers go,I go for the cheapest ones. I like Clean& Clear makeup dissolving foaming cleanser.

BUT do you use any toners after? I use 100% Witch Hazel in the evening, and Vit C toner in the morning..

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/14/2014 9:59 pm

If the usual active ingredients and "sensitive" products still make things worse, as they do with me, you have nothing to lose trying these finer organic products. Look them up on this board for member success stories.

I know you've been struggling for a while so my recommendation would be to spare no expense choosing the right ingredients and quality products for your skin.

* You can get a custom prescription on Suki Skincare's Website. (The Oily Skin Set is probiotics based, which is a simple, logical approach)

* iLike Skin Care has their Balancing Set which must be seen to be believed and IDEAL for your needs as you describe them, especially the moisture, I'd buy it right now if I wasn't already having such lucky with Sulfur ingredients, herbs, and MyChelle's nourishing serums. SEE BELOW:

• ilike Lemon Cleansing Milk travel size -Gently remove make-up, dirt and oils with the hydrating ilike Cleansing Milk. Refreshing lemon and herbal oils will leave your skin revived and luminous.
    • ilike Rosehip Exfoliator travel size - Use ilike Rosehip Exfoliator on face and/or body. Full of vitamins, this clarifying mask rids the skin of dirt and impurities and also calms the skin. Dead skin cells become loose and new cells begin to grow. Acne-prone/oily teenage skin can even benefit from this product if used two times a week.
    • ilike Seven Herb Mask travel size - The Seven Herb Mask is perfect sensitive and inflamed skin characteristic of acneic/seborrheic skin. It heals, tightens, tones and soothes skin, making even extensive extractions nearly vanish. Ingredients help regulate oil. Mask can be applied as maintenance between salon visits.
  • ilike Sulphuric Whipped Moisturizer travel size - Peppermint oil and limewater help both the face and body become hydrated, yet slightly dry. Not only does it help acne eruption and even out keratin layers, but it soothes irritated skin and helps dry and sensitive skin. Can be applied to spotted back, shoulder and chest or used as the final step of your routine.
MemberMember
(@trollunderthebridge)

Posted : 08/14/2014 11:24 pm

I have ultra sensitive and dry skin and the only face washes I've ever found that thoroughly cleaned my face without stripping it were the Vanicream Facial Bar and Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. I would highly recommend both.

I tone at night with sunflower oil too. I know some people prefer olive or coconut.. any of the non-comedogenic ones are fine. It helps a lot I think.

As far as moisturizers go, I too am on the hunt for something like what you described. But for now, sticking with plain ol' Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.

Just as an extra thing here, I've recently discovered a facial serum/primer by "it cosmetics". It's been an absolute god send. I could not get through this without it. It's expensive but will last a long time and WOW does it ever make a difference. If you wear makeup and are looking for something to keep your face hydrated all day, this is your product.