Notifications
Clear all

There Is No Such Thing As Non-Comedogenic Product

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 08/14/2014 12:29 pm

Anything you put on your face, will block the pores, no matter how little you put on it. The "non-comedogenic" is a marketing scam, it should be called "less-comedogenic" It is very similar to the low fat, low or zero calories scam, they still have calories

The only way to be non-comedogenic, is to put NOTHING on your skin. Anything you put, will block the pores, some more than others

It is actually better for your skin, to put nothing on it, except for the acne medications which is a need. ALL moisturizers will block the pores, no matter what the company tells you, and should only be used on a need basis, once or twice a week, not everyday.

My skin has always been the clearest when I put nothing on it, if you put on any cream, no matter non comedogenic, the next few days, i get 2 or 3 pimples, coincidence? dont think so

Simply, some people's skin can get away with putting creams, while other cannot

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/14/2014 12:58 pm

maybe you are just using the wrong products , purging , havent found right products , mistaken this for other causes for your acne

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/14/2014 2:12 pm

maybe you are just using the wrong products , purging , havent found right products , mistaken this for other causes for your acne

Anything you put on your face, will block the pores, no matter how little you put on it. The "non-comedogenic" is a marketing scam, it should be called "less-comedogenic" It is very similar to the low fat, low or zero calories scam, they still have calories

The only way to be non-comedogenic, is to put NOTHING on your skin. Anything you put, will block the pores, some more than others

It is actually better for your skin, to put nothing on it, except for the acne medications which is a need. ALL moisturizers will block the pores, no matter what the company tells you, and should only be used on a need basis, once or twice a week, not everyday.

My skin has always been the clearest when I put nothing on it, if you put on any cream, no matter non comedogenic, the next few days, i get 2 or 3 pimples, coincidence? dont think so

Simply, some people's skin can get away with putting creams, while other cannot

Thank you for posting this Orlando158- can't even count how many times ive written this in a post to people. The term is non regulated by the FDA. I did a term paper on the FD&C Act passed by congress- the act claims a label cannot mislead the customer in any way- but this bit of the regulation doesn't cover the word non-comedogenic. What this means anyone, and everyone can put this on their product. End of story

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/14/2014 2:43 pm

I agree with this. Lots of products that claim to be non comedogenic clog me. I think for many it takes trial and error to find what works.