Notifications
Clear all

Fed Up With My Skin!

MemberMember
(@sac2014)

Posted : 08/13/2014 5:21 am

I have been struggling with mild/moderate acne for about 3 or 4 years. I have always had outbreaks of spots throughout puberty, but now at the age of 23 (from the age of 20)my skin has been terrible. I have pimples under the skin which looks awful and the outbreaks of big red spots ewhich are sore!!! I have tried EVERYTHING from creams, face washes, simple sodocreme and teatree oil, honey, drinking lemon water etc etc!!!!! I even spent £25 on some cream for acne...which made it 10 times worse. Nothing seems to get rid of it. I have also been on benzoyl peroxide cream prescribed from my dr, however, this got rid of the spots but left my skin red, flaky and itchy due to it being so strong.

I really have had enough now. I've got to the point I am crying before leaving the house as I hate people looking :(

I am waiting to see a dr which im hoping will help. Has anyone had antibiotics (oral or/and topical)?? Also, I am currently taking loestrin for a controseptive but have heard Jasmine is good to heal acne....has anyone experienced this?

Would be grateful of any help :)

MemberMember
(@annafabbanana)

Posted : 08/13/2014 12:28 pm

Hey! I can relate to your story. I developed acne all of the sudden and tried benzoyl peroxide twice a day for a year. It kind of helped keep my acne "manageable"

I would cry every night about it. My husband finally made me make a Derm appointment.

im soo happy I did! I could of kicked myself over and over again for not going when my acne first started TWO years ago ( I have a ton of scarring because of it)

The derm prescribed me 1 antibiotic and 2 topical creams.

Now ive only been on this new regimen for only 1 month but its working wonders!

MemberMember
(@sac2014)

Posted : 08/14/2014 4:45 pm

Thank you for the reply and your own experiences. I will take this on board when I see my Doctor and ask about these options I would seriously try anything!!! Fingers crossed I will have the same positive effects as you

MemberMember
(@annafabbanana)

Posted : 08/14/2014 5:02 pm

Thank you for the reply and your own experiences. I will take this on board when I see my Doctor and ask about these options smile.png I would seriously try anything!!! Fingers crossed I will have the same positive effects as you biggrin.png

Good luck!! Let me know how it goes