Notifications
Clear all

Guys With Acne Can Be Very Sexy!

MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 08/13/2014 4:14 am

Hey guys

I see so many posts on here about people feeling ugly and unloveable because of their acne.

I'm 27 and only started having bad acne around age 21 (just about to start accutane), anyway I just wanted to say that in my life two of my biggest ever crushes were on guys who had severe acne (all over). I totally had the hots for them. One eventually became my boyfriend (I did not have acne at the time) and the other turned me down as he was gay but we are good friends to this day.

Also, when I was 14 I was in love with this guy from my school and my skin was flawless, people always commented on how perfect it was, well, he never showed any interest in me and ended up dating this girl whose acne was so bad and he was nuts about her. I'd also like to point out that she wasn't in any way prettier than me either so this says a lot.

Just thought I'd share my experience to show you guys that you can have acne and be attractive and loved!

Keep your heads up!!!

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/13/2014 5:40 am

This can be so! Women in general tend to be a lot less superficial than men, while ironically holding ourselves to the standards of impossible airbrushed beauty entertainment media throws in our faces. Men can have acne and still be masculine just like men can be balding and still be masculine. My gorgeous bestie's LTR bf has a ton of acne, she sees it but is blind to it, like a flaw in a diamond- it's just part of him. I've dated two guys with pretty bad skin. My first bf in high school had a ton of back acne- but he was punk rock and didn't give a f---. He was PROUD that he had overactive testosterone, and I found it endearing that he wasn't intimidatingly perfect. It made me love him more.

( I wish it worked the same way for females, having "character" in your face. Forget about women losing their hair- which happens!!Unfortunately the #1 signal fertility re evolutionary psychology in women is clear skin, and long healthy hair )

This has come up before! Bottom line, I think for both sexes, your personality just has to shine through. When you look too good, you attract superficial people. While obsessing over our skin, there should be a kind inner voice that says "embrace your flaws."

p.s. Brad Pitt, terribly scarred images from Se7en in this thread, and some photos of beautiful female models with acne.

(this topic came up on another dating site I was browsing and the answer was categorically NO from the guys if they would date a woman with acne/scars.)

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/13/2014 7:02 am

i agree with this too! Some complain about acne scars too! and i think they look cute!

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/13/2014 7:11 am

i dont wanna be fuking loved or accepted! i just wanna be the best looking person ever
or at least very good looking? can i have at least that?? oh godd please so much!! ><
MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 08/13/2014 11:12 am

Hahaha me too!

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 08/13/2014 12:35 pm

lol no

acne is a sign of having bad genetics, uncleanness, etc

Now, I'm not saying that a girl cannot fall for a guy with acne, but when it comes to physical attraction, when you see a person for the first time, having clear skin is associated with beauty and attraction, is a sign of health

Then again, people on this site are biased because they have acne themselves so they're gonna believe whatever makes them feel better

i personally don't find girls with acne to be attractive, unless is only very small, and i like her other features

anyone who says that acne doesn't make a person look less attractive, is obviously biased

you can still find a person attractive despite acne

but you would be a hypocrite if you cannot admit, that acne makes everyone look less attractive

likewise, anyone who currently has acne, would look more attractive without it

THIS IS COMMON SENSE

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 08/13/2014 1:19 pm

lol Well this is definitely an inspiring post...just the idea that a beautiful girl like yourself would be interested in a guy that suffers from acne/scars is really awesome.

Still tho, acne/scars make me feel very unattractive at times. I think that's how it is with most other guys too

MemberMember
(@olliejr)

Posted : 08/13/2014 1:29 pm

Hey guys

I see so many posts on here about people feeling ugly and unloveable because of their acne.

I'm 27 and only started having bad acne around age 21 (just about to start accutane), anyway I just wanted to say that in my life two of my biggest ever crushes were on guys who had severe acne (all over). I totally had the hots for them. One eventually became my boyfriend (I did not have acne at the time) and the other turned me down as he was gay but we are good friends to this day.

Also, when I was 14 I was in love with this guy from my school and my skin was flawless, people always commented on how perfect it was, well, he never showed any interest in me and ended up dating this girl whose acne was so bad and he was nuts about her. I'd also like to point out that she wasn't in any way prettier than me either so this says a lot.

Just thought I'd share my experience to show you guys that you can have acne and be attractive and loved!

Keep your heads up!!!

Thanks for this post. I'm sure it'll give a lot of people a boost. The last few months, my skin has improved massively and I am 95% clear thanks to antibiotics. It's made me evaluate my life and made me realise that you are more than just your skin, I realise that I am the same person capable of the same things regardless of whether my skin is 95% clear or broken out like mad.

P.S. On a completely unrelated note, you look beautiful in your pic.

MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 08/13/2014 9:35 pm

Thanks guys! My skin was clear then. I'm now on accutane...

MemberMember
(@olliejr)

Posted : 08/14/2014 6:09 am

Well hopefully you get back to having skin like that. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/26/2014 6:01 pm

Watching End of Watch, Jake Gyllenahaal, last :15 min. VERY bad acne, worse than Pitt's scars in Se7ven.

And he's hot as anything~

MemberMember
(@crodd)

Posted : 08/27/2014 4:42 pm

Well thanks for making me feel a bit better about myself