Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sfonseka

Super Effective Acne Spot Treatment

There is many an acne spot treatment that will claim to clear up your acne overnight. Unfortunately, many of these claims only lead to acne sufferers becoming victims of a good marketing strategy. Tell me, did that last spot treatment you bought clear up your acne? Probably not, or you wouldn't be looking for an acne spot treatment right now.

If you ever visit my house without giving me prior warning, you might just see me walking around with dots of gooey cinnamon on my zits. This is my normal routine ever since discovering that this mask makes a super effective *Moderator edit, URL removed – please read the board rules*spot treatment.

Honey Cinnamon Nutmeg Acne Spot Treatment

2lbcdc.jpg

Nutmeg contains anti-inflammatory properties and has been used widely as an ingredient to erase acne scars. It will help to reduce inflammation, redness, and bacteria in the pimple. Nutmeg is a safer, natural alternative to salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.

Cinnamon has been used as an antiseptic, astringent, antifungal, and anti-viral aid. It can be used as an exfoliant to stimulate the pores. Cinnamon will dry out the pimple and bring blood and oxygen to the surface to open the pore and unclog bacteria.

Honey will pull out the impurities (acne-causing bacteria, dead skin cells, and excess oil) from your pores. It will help to keep the moisture inside your skin and promote elasticity.

Recipe:

• ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
  • ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
  • ½ Teaspoon Honey

Mix all 3 ingredients and store in a small container. Apply directly to the acne and leave on as an *Moderator edit, URL removed – please read the board rules*for a few hours. You may also use the mixture as a full face mask for 10 – 15 minutes. Lemon juice may also be added to help fade acne spots and scars.

*It is important to note that some of the ingredients may be too strong for those with sensitive skin. While these products are natural, they may cause irritation to the skin and should be tested on the back of your hand before applying to the face.

Edited by Lilly75