Notifications
Clear all

Weight Lifting?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/12/2014 9:08 pm

How do you guys feel about weight lifting for health and physical fitness? My boyfriend is really into weight lifting and regularly lifts more than 100 lbs. Can this really be good for your body in the long run? When I have tried lifting heavy weights in the past my skin has acted up. It has gotten oily and broken out. Lifting heavy makes me look nice, but I'm just not sure it's good for me. I'm thinking about trying to use the fitness blender plan for busy people which includes 30 minute workouts that incorporate weight, cardio, and things like pilates and stretching. Do you guys have a favorite workout routine?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/13/2014 5:08 am

I used to do alot of weight lifting, and yeah it makes females look really great. I guess the skin issues could be sure to testosterone levels from the weights maybe? Even though it takes females a longer time gaining make than men over the course of a year. I wouldn't be afraid of trying though, weighs are so good for maintaining muscle mass especially if your dieting.

I had to stop due to injury sadly but still use weight machines at the gym. I love exercise and generally do ALOT of walking, uphill, downhill, random bursts of sprinting. I workout the majority at home with some kickboxing dvds and Davina McCall's dvds. I do some yoga and Pilates too. The fitness blender stuff your looking at sounds good.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/13/2014 5:16 pm

Serious weight lifting stimulates DHT more than any other form of exercise.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/13/2014 7:47 pm

Do you know any other exercises that don't do this, or actually lower DHT?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/15/2014 11:23 pm

It does. But for me I'd rather feel good knowing my body is healthy and looking good with extra muscle mass - since there are many benefits of increasing your muscle mass, albeit probably side effects as well.

If you are worried about that though just stick with lower impact exrcises like swimming and pilates even yoga and some cardio.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/16/2014 12:22 am

Do you know any other exercises that don't do this, or actually lower DHT?

It's been a while since I researched it all, so I don't remember.