Notifications
Clear all

Avocados And Omega 6?

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 08/12/2014 9:04 am

Alright guys! It's been a while. Trying not to make my skin my life...but it is a symbol of my health I believe and still like to spend a good bit of time figuring it out. Anyways, I went on vacation to Bermuda and my skin was great! I was eating totally super healthy food there. Everything is grass-fed, tons of fish, was able to still do my no diary, gluten, or grains, pretty much paleo diet there. I was getting tons of Vitamin D from the sun, I used sunscreen non-comedogenic.

HOWEVER! It's about a week back in America, and I still am eating super healthy, but I can't help but notice that my skin has tons of little bumps on it! My skin isn't so terrible that I want to cry or anything and I leave my house without makeup. But my skin is not smooth at all. Just little tiny bumps and zits on my cheeks and they are drying up.

I also have keratosis pillars, but that is the clearest it has been all summer! I take Animal derived Vitamin A, get sunlight, take fermented butter cod liver oil, don't eat any dairy, except the slight butter in that cod liver oil, now soy, except maybe in gum, no grains, no gluten, for 3 years now, probably more. My skin is manageable and will have it's bouts of clearness, but still not able to pinpoint why it goes bad or been able to stay clear for more than a month :(

It could be worse, yes, but it's still bothersome.

But anyways, the only thing I can think of, that just dawned on me is that maybe i'm getting way too many omega 6 fats compared to omega 3. My diet is very low in omega 6 fats, however I feel like I don't get enough omega 3 at all.

I use coconut oil everyday! It has all omega 6 and no omega 3, although low amounts of omega 6. I eat avocado from chipotle (the only take out place I usually eat at), which has a ton of omega 6 compared to 3, I don't eat nuts except chocolate, which also has omega 6, when I add it all up, the 2 cans of tuna I eat a week is probably not enough to match up to the coconut oil and avocado i've been eating?

Is this a good hypothesis? Thoughts. These are pictures of my skin currently (I guess they are too big to upload?) I don't know how to make them smaller?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/12/2014 4:32 pm

Just get some omega 3 and avoid grain oils and limit grains.

Canned mackerel is cheaper, a better source of omega 3 and a more sustainable fish than tuna btw. I think it tastes pretty much like tuna. If you can find it. They do can them like sardines though, with the bones and skin. But really, that's a good thing. Eat them.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 08/21/2014 1:26 pm

Just get some omega 3 and avoid grain oils and limit grains.

Canned mackerel is cheaper, a better source of omega 3 and a more sustainable fish than tuna btw. I think it tastes pretty much like tuna. If you can find it. They do can them like sardines though, with the bones and skin. But really, that's a good thing. Eat them.

Thanks Vista! It's been 10 days and my skin has calmed down...mackeral is yummy and cheaper! I think it has way more benefits than tuna anyways! It's yummier than sardines! Thank goodness! My skin is still omega 6-ed out though...I started popping a fish oil supplement, and I already take Fermented Cod Liver Oil, omega 3 eggs, only coconut oil, but trying to eat more fish! Just got some chicken livers I can't wait to cook up!