Notifications
Clear all

My Accutane Situation. Panicking

MemberMember
(@joey231)

Posted : 08/12/2014 7:49 am

Hello there

First of all, let me tell you my current prescription. 19yr, 187cm, 80kg. I have comedonal acne (moderate, not a big deal but for me it is). In the beggining i went for benzoyl peroxide and my derm told me my acne is resistant so she prescribed me accutane. Frist month 20mg/day, second month 20mg/day, third,fourth and fifth month 30mg/day, sixth month 20mg/day. I am starting my 7th month very soon with 10mg (unless she changes her mind)

My cheeks are clear but I still have closed comedones on my forehead. They are quite a few and under light they look bad. I'm starting to panick because I'm almost done with this accutane course and they are not gone. Recently I've started to use BP on forehead hoping to make good team with accutane.

Do you have any tips? Have you been in this situation? If yes, what cleared your clogged commedones?

Also one more question: My derm is currently on vacantion and I'm out if piils. Is it bad if I don't take accutane for 1 week?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 08/12/2014 4:01 pm

1) yeah, you should be fine if you miss one week.

2) Your comedonal acne may continue to improve after stopping accutane, but unfortunately comedonal acne is quite a bit more resistant to accutane than inflammatory acne. Additionally, you might want to consider discussing extending your course with your dermatologist. You are on quite a low dose for your weight.