Notifications
Clear all

Intense Burning?

MemberMember
(@pocketknot)

Posted : 08/11/2014 2:02 am

I started the regimen two days ago using an acne.org trial sample set and i just used it for the third time. The cleanser is very gentle and surprisingly the benzoyl treatment is alright on my face too. But once i put on the moisturizer EVERYTHING BURNS LIKE MAD. Like I am literally writhing in pain. Last night too the burning was so intense i could not sleep at all.I don't understand why this is happening. Is this normal???

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/11/2014 4:28 am

Topic moved to The Regimen forum which should be more helpful

Burning is normal on the regimen for the first few weeks - I remember it being really bad for me but it stopped once my skin had adjusted to the amount of BP I was using. You might experience burning each time you increase the amount of BP until you've gotten up to the 2 full pumps and have been at that point for a while (when your skin has adjusted to the 2 full pumps).

How much BP are you applying at the moment? Remember you should be using a small amount at first, once a day, and slowly work up to applying more BP. Patience is key with the regimen - especially for the first few months. (Check out the info pages for the regimen if you haven't already - for instructions and info on what to expect when using the regimen).

You can always take a day off and give your skin a break though or maybe try every second day for a while and see how your skin handles that. That might reduce the burning feeling too.