Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! In Desperate Need Of Advice?

MemberMember
(@dearcasey01)

Posted : 08/10/2014 5:27 pm

Hello!

I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

I'm 17 and literally JUST finished my 2nd round of Accutane (2 weeks ago) Took 1st round at 14, and acne came back something terrible.

This 2nd course, I was on 40mg for 7 months, along with antibiotics, zinc supplements, and birth control.

I am still taking the antibiotics, zinc, and birth control.

However, I am now developing acne again!! After just a measly TWO WEEKS of Accutane, which has gave me clear skin for 3 months straight. The pimples are small, and don't hurt, but they're still acne. They go away in after about 3 days, but they're only coming up on the right side of my face. None on the left at all. The acne is very persistent, with one coming up once a day.

Now after the horrendous experience with severe cystic acne, I take every precaution to keep my skin clear.

-I drink 2 gallons water/day.

-Get 8+ hrs of sleep.

-NEVER EVER do I touch or pick at my face.

-Change pillow cases/sheets DAILY.

-Use gentle cleanser with salicyic acid and moisturizer.

-Jog 4 miles/day (Wash my face before and after workout)

-Eat very healthy, nothing but fruit, veggies, fish, and chicken.

-Avoid dairy completely.

-Wash my face in morning and night

-Avoid sun

-I NEVER WEAR MAKEUP

..And much, much more things I do in order to have clear skin. And I did have it, thanks to 'Tane for just three months. But after having beautiful skin for that period of time, spoiled me. Now that I'm getting spots again, I CAN NOT. I repeat, CAN NOT handle it again. The emotional tole it takes on me is the worst. As pathetic as it is, my complexion totally controls my life now.

Please, someone help me, I really need to get clear again. Any advice?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/10/2014 5:37 pm

Hey I can relate Im on my 3rd course myself. I would suggest you start some kind of maintenance treatment asap. After both of my courses I didnt and my acne returned. This time I think Im going to continue to use a topical of some sort.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/10/2014 6:13 pm

Have you tried topicals? If so which ones? I know how you feel too- been on multiple courses too. It may be time to look into hormonal things such as Spiro.

Good Luck - You're not alone

MemberMember
(@trollunderthebridge)

Posted : 08/10/2014 9:46 pm

One thing I noticed is that it appears you wash your face 4 times a day. That is double the maximum amount of times you should be washing your face every day, which can over-dry your skin and cause it to start producing an abnormal and unnecessary amount of oil, leading to clogged pores and ultimately resulting in acne.

I can only speculate here, so please take it with a grain of salt.

Everything else you described sounds like it's to the benefit of your skin. Before getting on a second course of Accutane recently, I was having HORRIBLE breakouts/massive patches of severely dry skin.. I know, how ideal... But I started using a pea size amount of Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion at night before I went to bed, and it helped tremendously because it aids greatly in cell turnover. That may be worth exploring because it could potentially unclog those pores a bit. That line is available at places like ULTA and Walgreens (probably more too)..

Another thing I might suggest trying is the oil cleansing method. If I could have gotten my skin balanced on my own, that would have worked perfectly for me. However, I was too far gone at that point for it to even stand a chance. I still tone with oil though! It's fantastic.

I've also read research linking gut health to skin health. You could look into things like peppermint oil supplements, which help to cleanse your intestines so they operate more smoothly.

Green/white tea can have wonderful anti-aging and overall skin conditioning benefits. I personally try to drink at least two cups of it every day. And not sweet tea. Real tea. Matcha powder is even better yet, but quite expensive and not readily available most places.

But most importantly, just remember, you're not alone and your worth is not contingent upon the state of your skin.

MemberMember
(@lolo123)

Posted : 08/11/2014 9:57 am

I'm sorry for you... You have very big problem with acne. Maybe try method for this movie ?

In description this movie is method how to fix acne in 7 days.

Maybe it helps?