Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin 0.05% Cream Log

MemberMember
(@heyhile231)

Posted : 08/10/2014 12:30 am

So let's start off by talking my background with acne:

I just turned 18, but I've been struggling with acne since i was 16. A year and a half ago, I suddenly got a lot of whiteheads (closed comedones) on my chin and cheek. So back then, I went to the dermatologist and was prescribed epiduo and clindamycin gel.

I used this combination for a year and half, and the result was fantastic, though I did suffer from the initial breakout heavily. For those who are trying any kind of retinoid, just remember, you will see improvement before it gone worse! so just STICK TO IT for a while, at least three months!!

Anyway, around 2 months ago, I started to get whiteheads again. At first, I thought it was no big deal as I've been continuously using epiduo. But in mid-July, things started to get worse and worse. THOUSANDS of comedones appeared on my chin and I seriously don't know what caused it to happen. THOSE freaking whitehead then turned into red and inflammed acne all over my chin and honestly, I NEVER HAVE ANCE THIS BAD.

I just don't know if epiduo stopped working on me or not. but still, I decided to switch to tretinoin 0.05% cream yesterday. Hope this can help me.

I will keep posting my progress here so in case anyone who have similar case as me will resonate. I know fighting against acne is tough and it is definitely a long battle, especially I am starting my college in September......

Please give me some support and encouragement.

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 08/10/2014 10:24 am

Best of luck! let us know how you get on!

MemberMember
(@sm42)

Posted : 08/10/2014 1:58 pm

I started Retin A .1% in April for my comedonal acne and it hasn't helped at all :( I don't know why. I guess it's different for everyone. I really hope it works for you! Keep posted

MemberMember
(@stephcc)

Posted : 08/12/2014 8:03 pm

Yup, I was on those before and it dried my skin sooo bad at first. Like total flaking, ughhh, but it will work well as a preventative. I'm just pissed I stopped using it to see if I'd be ok without it after a year or so and my skin went nuts and then I tried Proactiv to clear up my skin and made it the WORST EVER! Now I'm on a tretinoin+something else called Ziana, so I'm hoping it helps. FAST. Best of luck!