Notifications
Clear all

I've Never Been So Confused In My Life....

MemberMember
(@xojjamz)

Posted : 08/09/2014 3:42 pm

How to stop subconsciously reminding myself about my acne and how i look? Every SECOND of my life, my brain always tell me to panic about my skin. I cant seem to get my mind off my acne, i know my acne is way better than it was a year ago, but i kind of convinced myself that it will come back. I am living in fear that my acne will return and i have been extremely stressed, depressed and the anxiety is taking over my life. I have days which i try my best to "forget" about it, but it is impossible. I've tried keeping myself busy and tried the "do not care" attitude but it is so hard. It's not just the acne, my skin function is all messed up and my I've been having trouble sleeping. When i try to not "care" about my face, my brain is focused on the other symptoms. For an example, my face is so sensitive and it burns 24/7....how am i supposed to "forget" about it when my face feeling like it's on fire reminds me every second of the day. I am so frustrated and i just really need someone to talk to. It's been the same viscous cycle and no matter what, i just cant get it out my head. I don't know what to do anymore. If there is anyone out there that would PM and help me out, it would help, but i must warn you that it is going to be a long story. I'm so confused and lost....i feel like i'm rotting and just watching my life slowly crumbling down. After i was recovering from a massive breakout last year, i didn't care at all. Everything seemed to be looking up and going so well, i was happy....i'm not saying i cannot be happy now, but it is so difficult. I've never been so confused and helpless in my life. My nerves are everywhere and i feel like i want to jump put of my skin every minute.

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 08/09/2014 5:45 pm

I feel like you in some way.

My acne is a lot better than it used to be, im like 90-95% clear but I'm always with that fear of the strong acne coming back, so stressful.

But I just try to relax, I mean, if you are thinking about the acne all day that wont cure it or heal it, you're going to get stressed and make it worse.

So I just go like "eff it" and live my life.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/10/2014 12:52 am

Most of us here know what it's like to have your life and confidence shattered by acne. It's traumatic, and you have the symptoms of PTSD from it.

I'm here for you if you want to chat, slowly emerging from a very dark, acne-destroyed chaper in my life myself, one of many. If you browse the Emotional/Psychological Effects subforum you can read other people hashing it out and join in without fear.

Getting the anxiety under control is a good place to start: Xiao Yao Wan and GABA supplements, for one, as well and B complex and Magnesium.

Why is your skin on fire? What are you using? If you want help with topicals, I'd be happy to give suggestions. Here's a dancing cat to help you smile. And a link to a self-help book on audio that comes up on these forums again and again. http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Power+Of+Now/6311043 The acne you can treat, the suffering that makes it worse is in your mind...

MemberMember
(@xojjamz)

Posted : 08/10/2014 2:13 am

Most of us here know what it's like to have your life and confidence shattered by acne. It's traumatic, and you have the symptoms of PTSD from it.

I'm here for you if you want to chat, slowly emerging from a very dark, acne-destroyed chaper in my life myself, one of many. If you browse the Emotional/Psychological Effects subforum you can read other people hashing it out and join in without fear.

Getting the anxiety under control is a good place to start: Xiao Yao Wan and GABA supplements, for one, as well and B complex and Magnesium.

Why is your skin on fire? What are you using? If you want help with topicals, I'd be happy to give suggestions. Here's a dancing cat to help you smile. And a link to a self-help book on audio that comes up on these forums again and again. http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Power+Of+Now/6311043 The acne you can treat, the suffering that makes it worse is in your mind...

Hello Turn0ver,

I feel better now that you replied. It's been one hell of a journey. I really think i have Acne phobia, if it doesn't have a term for it. I remember ever since i used the wrong product, everything has been going down hill until 2013. That's when my acne was at it's worse and i accepted it and eventually it went away with all the bad qualities i had in the past. It just bums me out how i put myself in the situation and i feel like i am literally going mad because i'm in control, but in the same time i am helpless. I've always been a melancholy person but this time, my brain just went haywire and actually believed my negative thoughts. I think i just have a lot going on and i'm always trying to solve the reason why i'm sick. I relate EVERYTHING to acne and get paranoid that everything is bad for my body. That's why i turned down anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs because i'm afraid it's going to wreck my health and cause acne. I convinced myself that no matter what, i am destined to have acne. It's pretty pathetic and i feel like i cant talk to anyone about it because they wont understand, or they would think it is stupid.

Wow, i do think i have PTSD too...on top of all the other mental illnesses i have I hate being so down and bummed out, but i'm so confused because whenever i try to be positive, it doesn't feel genuine and sooner or later, all my negative emotions get bottled up and erupt. Do you have any suggestions or method you do to help with the emotional pain? I did see a therapist, but they did not help, they kept on pushing me to use meds. I did remember feeling mild to moderate anxiety prior to the big breakout but it went away on it's own. I can't quit wrap my head around how and what i did to break myself free from it. I don't know what is worse, feeling absolutely trapped and insane in my head, or acne.I'm trying my best to hold on because "there is always light at the end of the tunnel"....or i hope so. I'm still young, but i feel like all this stress is aging me and making me unattractive. I might be paranoid, but i cant help it.

I'm so glad i have someone to talk to. You have no idea how much this means to me...I've tried reaching out but people around me are fed up with me and i'm just a big blob of negative energy floating around....not to mention a cry baby :'( I've been lurking the forms for a while and i read a lot too, but i feel like i need someone to slap me or shake me...even though that probably wouldn't help. I just want to hear other peoples struggles and how they can relate to me and give me some perspective. I think my brain is more confused than ever.

I'm paranoid to put anything in my body, but it's been a lot to handle, so maybe i should really do something about it instead of waiting for it naturally go away. I'm just scared it;s going to mess up my body or cause acne which is ironic because stress and anxiety is toxic. I will look more into the supplements you listed. I will also listen to the audio book you listed.

I think my face is on fire because of stress, mainly. Is that common? For stress to cause your skin to be really sensitive, dry, red and burn? I've been using the same thing I've used for 1.5 years. I use Cerave hydrating cleanser and Cerave moisturize in the AM and Purpose cleanser, ACV toner and Cerave moisturizer in the PM. I've been using these for a while and never had a problem with them...just recently after I've been under extreme stress. My skin is normally on the oily side, but i had a period of really oily skin and then suddenly it turned normal/dry and very sensitive. When ever i think about it, it makes me go crazy because i feel like my skin is not functioning normally like before. I think too much into it that i feel like wrinkles are slowly forming and my face feels like like a layer of plastic? Not sure if it makes sense. It's frustrating because i whenever i put more moisturizer, my skin gets really clogged.

Wow, that's a long rant. I'm sorry if it just sounds like a lot of bitching and moaning and i'm really thankful to have at least one person who i can talk to. I want to hear whatever you have to say and i will try my best to take your advice to heart. Thank you for the dancing cat It made me smile hehe. I would tell you my whole situation, but i really don't want to annoy anyone But, anyways...Thank you again! Hear from you soon. Oh, and do you have any suggestions for better sleep?

I feel like you in some way.

My acne is a lot better than it used to be, im like 90-95% clear but I'm always with that fear of the strong acne coming back, so stressful.

But I just try to relax, I mean, if you are thinking about the acne all day that wont cure it or heal it, you're going to get stressed and make it worse.

So I just go like "eff it" and live my life.

Hi AldoMG,

I want to thank you for taking the time to reply Yeah, the thing is that i didn't care at all 8 month after my acne cleared. Acne came and went in my thoughts, but i didn't let it get to me. It is way different now. I have a whole new mindset and it is so hard for my not to think about it. The thought of it is haunting me...literally. I know thinking about it makes it worse and makes your body impossible to heal, but it's always in my mind I know if i just "forget it" and just say "eff it" i will be at peace, but my mind is holding onto the pain for dear life....I hate being so complicated and i wished it was that simple to just forget about it. I seriously can't do anything to get my mind off it....i am taking some notes and trying to change my mindset. Any suggestions? I read that it takes 66 days to form a habit, so i'm trying out some stuff. Anything would be helpful!

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/10/2014 2:41 am

You're welcome and don't even think you're bitching, you're fine- we're all crazy about our skin here- it makes us so! It has helped so many to have a place to vent and commiserate. Many of us- like me- are exactly like you; depressed, obsessed, losing it. Taking steps toward fixing things will start to unburden you, so will talking about it.

Screw antidepressants! Nothing but trouble for your skin. GABA and 5-HTP are amino acids that occur already in your body, but are lacking under stress. Taking these religiously, with St John's Wort, are going to be as effective, faster acting, safer and without side effects, unlike psych drugs. St. John's Worst has the same effects in clinical trials as Prozac- amazing stuff!!! "Neuro Zac" is the brand I was prescribed- it has magnesium and B- I started with three pills 3x a day and immediately felt the difference.

I'm finding luck for depression with acupuncture. Facial acupuncture can also treat acne. Therapy can only do so much. They want to help, but always turn right to meds.

Dryness and premature aging are definitely products of stress. When I'm stressed, my skin gets super inflamed, greasy and dry. Ugh, it's terrible. A couple of sleepless weeks, a breakout, I swear it adds 20 years. I think I mentioned on your other thread that topical MSM and MSM as a supplement are pretty amazing for aging and acne.

I've heard good things about Cerave and I'm also sensitive to moisture. The beautiful thing about Coconut Oil and Hyaluronic Acid is that they are both present as almost bioidentical compounds that are already in your skin. Cerave might not be penetrating through your hyperkeratosis.

The 3rd ingredient in Purpose cleanser is sodium laureth sulfate- this is what makes it foam and can also irritate your skin, especially if you're already irritated. My skin during a breakout cannot handle that ingredient. you switch to something even more gentle?

I'm constantly pimping Mychelle Dermaceuticals. You can get a sample of any of their products for $1 apc, each packet contains a single application.

For you, I'd recommend the Pumpkin Cleanser + Fruit Enzyme Mist + Clear Skin Serum + Grapefruit Cream + Cranberry Mud Mask. My skin is constantly thanking me for using these products.