Notifications
Clear all

Question About Fraxel Repair Help!

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/09/2014 12:37 am

Ok so I just need to know the answer to this? Help guys! Has anyone had fraxel repair and gotten rid of some acne scarring I know it doesn't remove them completly.but did it help for the most part?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/09/2014 2:41 am

Yes, as you can tell by my signature I have had 5 Re:pairs with 75-80% improvement. My confidence leaped 100%. I am older and I am thinking about the combination Ultheraphy and a 6th Re:pair, or a facelift. The key to Re:pair is high settings and multiple treatments. You WILL NOT be satisfied with one treatment especially if you go too mild. Re:pair is the Gold Standard of lasers. Be wary of people who knock Fraxel because the vast majority of them are talking about Re:store. Re:pair is serious stuff and not to be taken lightly. Down time is generally 2 weeks and the 2nd day after my first Re:pair I was unrecoginizable because of the swelling. By the 4th day the swelling was down.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/09/2014 9:48 am

How long did you wait in between treatments? When did you start seeing noticeable improvements?

Yes, as you can tell by my signature I have had 5 Re:pairs with 75-80% improvement. My confidence leaped 100%. I am older and I am thinking about the combination Ultheraphy and a 6th Re:pair, or a facelift. The key to Re:pair is high settings and multiple treatments. You WILL NOT be satisfied with one treatment especially if you go too mild. Re:pair is the Gold Standard of lasers. Be wary of people who knock Fraxel because the vast majority of them are talking about Re:store. Re:pair is serious stuff and not to be taken lightly. Down time is generally 2 weeks and the 2nd day after my first Re:pair I was unrecoginizable because of the swelling. By the 4th day the swelling was down.

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/09/2014 10:49 am

I've done it once. Not sure what setting it was unfortunately. Repair is a double-edged sword. It can help you fix scarring/texture tremendously, but at the same time, has a lot of risk to damage your skin. My pores became larger after going through one repair treatment. If you have very oily and dark toned skin, I would be very careful about pursuing repair treatment.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/09/2014 12:52 pm

How long did you wait in between treatments? When did you start seeing noticeable improvements?

I waited at least 6 months between Re:pairs. It takes about 3 months before you can really evaluate your skin because microswelling still exists. Each subsequent Re:pair was easier. It was after my 2nd laser that I realized the biggest improvement.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/09/2014 1:50 pm

That's great to hear. The positive reviews I've read have been mostly from people who waited at least six months between treatments.

Would you classify your scarring as severe? Have your results diminished in time due to the natural aging process? Most people say after about five years their scars resurface to some extent due to the skin starting to age and sag.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/10/2014 2:15 am

Just look at my signature. I did all the biggies trying to deal with my scars. I would say my major issue at this point is aging, so that is why my interest is turning towards plastic surgery. I would not say that I have had a decline in the results from Re:pair in the 4 years since my last one. I still feel tightness especially in the upper cheek. There is a tightening effect from Re:pair, but it is not to the degree that a facelift would be.

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/11/2014 12:47 am

Thsnks for the reply guys I'm glad to hear it can have positive effects.im hoping for the best as my scars I believe are superficial it still have a deep impact on my self esteem and I'm 30:( years old.theres this one in particular:(.grrr!!!