Notifications
Clear all

Leaky Gut And Candida - Wish I Never Went On Antibiotics

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 08/08/2014 9:54 pm

So the title pretty much says it all. I wish I had never gone on antibiotics in 2011 summer. If I had known what I know today, I couldve fixed my acne easily and maybe forever. I failed to realize that food was causing acne. I followed this one guys regimen who went of fibre, probiotics and multivitamins and fixed himself but I did not go with probiotics and skipped that. I went on antibiotics for 22 months. And I just came off minocycline 100 mg.

The result? I developed leaky gut syndrome and am allergic to almost everything I eat and loved to eat. Sugar - breaks me out in pustules on my chin in 3 days. Spicy food - aggravates my chin acne or breaks me out. Junk food - can't have it. Can't have any types of sauce. No nuts, dairy, cereal, eggs, tomatoes. All my food is marinated in garlic and ginger. That's it. I always break out in 4 days after eating something I can't. I'm effin frustrated. My diet, the diet I grew up on, is based on rice and spicy food. I havent had that for year. Don't tell me not eating junk is healthy for me anyways and all that stuff. I am 22, I look at other people and I envy my life.

I've started taking probiotics since January and have been on 35billion ones for 3 months. I recently just figured I have leaky gut. Up until now I was blaming it on high GI and other random stuff. I can't even eat outside. I feel like my social life is ruined, my friends ask me to go out and eat with them and i have to come up with excuses to avoid a mouth full of pustules all week.

Went off antibiotics 2 weeks ago. I'm on probiotics now. Drink ACV Bragg's 2 tablespoons a day since yesterday. That might help in repairing leaky gut? I dont even know. L-Glutamine? I am fuckin tired of being scared of trying new things because I think they might break me out. I wish this ended somehow and i could go back to eating normally.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 08/09/2014 12:02 pm

Whatever you do, it will take time. One thing you could try is colostrum. Get the good stuff that's processed at low heat - I would recommend the brand Immune Tree, and get the powder, not the capsules. Don't heat it; an easy way to take it would be to put it in a smoothie. Colostrum has immunomodulatory and cell proliferative effects that could temporarily (and possibly permanently) fix your immune issues. I wouldn't expect any results before 2 weeks. Also, you might get a couple spots here and there because it contains growth factors that could aggravate acne in the short term (these same growth factors are responsible for the increased cell proliferation that heals your GI tract, so it's a temporary tradeoff).

Once you see results from the colostrum, you could try to rebuild tolerance for foods you are sensitive to. Eat a little bit of the sensitive food in question every day with your colostrum, and increase the amount of of the sensitive food by a little bit every couple of days until you are able to eat normally again without any side effects. Then, wean yourself off the colostrum while continuing to eat the sensitive foods. If the symptoms come back, go back onto the colostrum. The longer you're on it, the more benefit you will have.

Of course, this isn't guaranteed to work. But maybe it will; it has for others. I would of course also recommend avoiding wheat, soy, legumes, unfermented dairy, and added sugars at the same time and sticking to a paleo-esque whole foods diet. The probiotics will also probably help.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 08/09/2014 9:11 pm

Whatever you do, it will take time. One thing you could try is colostrum. Get the good stuff that's processed at low heat - I would recommend the brand Immune Tree, and get the powder, not the capsules. Don't heat it; an easy way to take it would be to put it in a smoothie. Colostrum has immunomodulatory and cell proliferative effects that could temporarily (and possibly permanently) fix your immune issues. I wouldn't expect any results before 2 weeks. Also, you might get a couple spots here and there because it contains growth factors that could aggravate acne in the short term (these same growth factors are responsible for the increased cell proliferation that heals your GI tract, so it's a temporary tradeoff).

Once you see results from the colostrum, you could try to rebuild tolerance for foods you are sensitive to. Eat a little bit of the sensitive food in question every day with your colostrum, and increase the amount of of the sensitive food by a little bit every couple of days until you are able to eat normally again without any side effects. Then, wean yourself off the colostrum while continuing to eat the sensitive foods. If the symptoms come back, go back onto the colostrum. The longer you're on it, the more benefit you will have.

Of course, this isn't guaranteed to work. But maybe it will; it has for others. I would of course also recommend avoiding wheat, soy, legumes, unfermented dairy, and added sugars at the same time and sticking to a paleo-esque whole foods diet. The probiotics will also probably help.

Thanks a lot for your advice. It is just that trying out these new things may cause breakouts and then i find it hard to keep up with it. I just tried ACV for 3 days and it gave diarrhea, whiteheads and heart burns on the 3rd day. So I am not sure if I should keep up with this or if I should stop it.

How long does it take to heal your gut? Do you know?

MemberMember
(@rocketboysf)

Posted : 02/16/2015 6:05 pm

First thank you all for your posts and sharing experiences.

I am constantly developping white pus zits around mouth and chin! I started developing this about a year ago.

Symptoms

---------------

- constant small white pus zits around mouth and chin. dry up in about 2-3 days.

- few more start when one stops!

- red bumps

- redness irritation.

- All these symptoms only around nose , mouth and chin. rest of the face is clear!

- constant Dandruff also.

Didn't work : Tried following from Derm,

------------------------------------

- Doxycline Hycyclate

- Minocycline

- Differin

- Promiseb

- Zaina

- Aczone

- pretty much all steriod crap.

Remedies worked that helped a little but not cured completely

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACV

Clay masks

Yogurt masks

Candida Diet - No sugar, No milk

ACV for dandruff.

SLS free stuff

Non flouride tooth paste

brush with sodium bi carboate (ew!)

Diet:

------

I have been eating like a monk from past 2 years,

fruits for breakfast

salads

bunch of green vegetables

yogurt once in a while.

tried candida dietfor couple of weeks which seem to clear up a bit and not complete relief.

Things next to try:

-----------------------

- Connection of these symptoms to histamine intolerance ?

- Connection of these symptoms to fungal ?

- what is the damn white pus ?

- supplements - L-Lysine, L - Glutamine

This thing brought me down so much in my life! There are days when i just sit in my room and cry because I have pretty much tried everything under the sun. I am even worried to go meet my sisters kids sad.png Please help share your expertise and what worked for you guys. Please drop a note and i really need your support to keep me motivated to see the light at the end of tunnel.

thanks!

MemberMember
(@heinstar)

Posted : 02/26/2015 1:20 pm

I'm in a catch 22 situation. I'm almost certain that my gut issues are the cause of my adult acne. But I have to take antibiotics to help control my acne which is not good for my gut. I've been trying to taper off Doxycyline and switch to taking VSL3 to heal my possible Leaky gut but with no success. I always start breaking out as soon as I stop taking Doxycyline. So I never have the chance to heal my gut since I have to keep taking Doxycycline which is continously destroying my gut flora and stopping my gut healing process.