Notifications
Clear all

Korean Skincare

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 08/08/2014 8:00 pm

Hi guys!

I would like to know the best Korean skincare lines out there.

I heard they are VERY GOOD, and I've noticed how Korean girls have the most beautiful skin I have ever seen.

Especially I am interested in eye cream, night cream and makeup!

Thank you so much!

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@quinnmorgendorffer)

Posted : 08/15/2014 2:50 am

i've always wanted to try Hada Labo. from japan not korea but still

MemberMember
(@gnitizz)

Posted : 08/19/2014 5:03 am

Hi

There are a whole range of brands, but some of them are under the same company.

These are higher end brands:

- Laniege

- Suwahlsoo

These are lower end (as in, slightly cheaper alternatives)

- Etude House

- Skin Food

- The Face Shop

- Belif

There are many others of course. Generally, they seem to work fine for my friends who rave about Korean facial products. But then again, they have less sensitive skin compared to me. I've used products from Laniege (specifically the very popular Water Sleeping Pack), and it worked fine for a while. I've never used it long enough to tell you whether or not it really works. But the beauty therapists where I go for facials do not recommend using Korean skin care products because they contain a lot of fragrances and chemicals. Which is also why I never know if I should continue using the sleeping pack... Haha.

I recently used a Skinfood toner, and even tho my skin seemed to look better, after a few days, I could tell that my whole face had little bumps all over! So I stopped it immediately.

Lastly, u think Koreans have really beautiful skin because of the weather and their diet (which contains ALOT of vegetables), and most of all their genes. ):

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/26/2014 12:25 pm

If you actually look at the ingredients/formulation of Korean or Japanese skincare products, most of them are not unique at all.

Koreans who eat a more traditional coastal Asian diet have better skin because of the low glycemic load of mostly rice, veggies, and fish. High glycemic diets (the typical American diet) are notorious for aging skin (high glycemic loads contribute to loss of collagen) and contributing to acne.

Many Koreans also have great skin because they avoid the sun like the plague, while a lot of Americans and Europeans worship the sun. Next time you go to Korea or Japan watch how many girls are out there walking around with umbrellas and "facekinis".

I have a great Korean friend who had perfect, porcelain skin for most of her life. She moved to California in her twenties. Within a year of changing her diet...and it wasn't even that extreme, just adding regular milk consumption and the occasional fast food item...she had moderate acne. She still only uses "Korean" skincare products...didn't help one bit.

pinkpeppermint, I am Jin, User410314 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/26/2014 1:14 pm

Many Koreans also have great skin because they avoid the sun like the plague, while a lot of Americans and Europeans worship the sun. Next time you go to Korea or Japan watch how many girls are out there walking around with umbrellas and "facekinis".

omg thts so great i wish i could live in korea n wear somekinda masks without being a local freak, tht would just b so so awasome. tht feel when they cant see ur awful skin n u can feel somewht free omg!

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/26/2014 8:52 pm

I was shopping for collagen supplements today and found Colly Pink and K-Colly today. So many good ingredients in K-Colly, (GSH, hyaluronic, pearl powder etc) but I'm skeptical of the claims of collagen- even marine collagen- for the cost. Colly Pink is the not-much-cheaper, less exotic/complete version, but both are loaded with sugar, so imo better off getting the actives individually.

It's the fish diet. It has to be.

MemberMember
(@sakurina)

Posted : 09/17/2014 11:00 am

Tried few products from The Face Shop and it made me breakout :( 🙁

Especially their CC cream x___x They put too much chemicals in their products unfortunately...

MemberMember
(@leigh16)

Posted : 12/12/2014 12:06 pm

I actually have had a lot of luck with a Japanese skin care line, called Yu-Be. The Moisturizing Skin Cream keeps my skin really smooth and soft and even but never contributes any oiliness and actually balances my skin out. I've also been cleansing a few times a week with the Foaming Skin Polish when I wash my face to exfoliate, and I feel like that's made a difference, too.

MemberMember
(@i-am-jin)

Posted : 10/20/2015 5:41 pm

If you actually look at the ingredients/formulation of Korean or Japanese skincare products, most of them are not unique at all.

Koreans who eat a more traditional coastal Asian diet have better skin because of the low glycemic load of mostly rice, veggies, and fish. High glycemic diets (the typical American diet) are notorious for aging skin (high glycemic loads contribute to loss of collagen) and contributing to acne.

I have a great Korean friend who had perfect, porcelain skin for most of her life. She moved to California in her twenties. Within a year of changing her diet...and it wasn't even that extreme, just adding regular milk consumption and the occasional fast food item...she had moderate acne. She still only

uses "Korean" skincare products...didn't help one bit.

Before anything else Green Gables, I just so loved your name. Now I understand. I bought almost all SKINFOOD stuff and mind you, they are really expensive here in the Philippines. I wonder why I don't get that good results. Yes, after you use it you felt being moisturized and fresh but after an hour with or without doing anything, I felt so dirty, oily or worst, greasy. So food is a great factor.

I'll start from here and change my diet first. Let's see whether there'll be changes :)

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/22/2015 11:02 pm

Face shop definitely and Shiseido 🙂

iCogito liked
MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 11/29/2015 6:49 pm

I'm actually having a lot of luck with various asian skincare lines. At the moment I'm using Skin Food's Gold collagen serum, eye serum, and night cream. I tried Laniege's sleeping mask, but it broke me out. I'm using a Daiso HA one now, which I love. I've been using the Hada Labo HA lotion (toner) for years, and it's fantastic.

I tried Etude's Moistfull ampoule and lotion, but lord, so much fragrance, really irritated my skin.

BB creams though... bleh. They never work on me. Just a greasy mess.

Asian branded eyebrow anythings are awesome as well. I've tried Tony Molyand Dolly Wink.

oyinkan98 and iCogito liked
MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 11/30/2015 6:21 pm

I am korean my skin is most definitely not amazing. Sigh.

MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/26/2016 4:42 pm

there are more chances you will find a fragrance free skincare in japan than korea. however i love iope. it works perfectly for my sensitive acne prone skin i would just love to try their cushion foundation. in terms of makeup i suggest laneige if you are not sensitive at all. i want to try sulwhasoo too.

it is true about diet though. i saw a reply about living in philippines. we tend to have greasy foods and i found that i broke out when i stayed there for month. try eating more veggies, soups and steamed fishes.

iCogito liked
MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 04/27/2016 8:01 pm

Thank you everyone for the replies. I tried Laneige and loved it. I am going to buy more since I ran out of my Water Mask, it was great. I bought a BB cream by IPKN and CC cream by Clio last month, and not sure if it is breaking me out or nor, but my face has been acting up a bit..just very tiny break outs that I do not pay too much attention to, but still.I guess I stop using them and find out for sure. :) 

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@annie-suchada)

Posted : 05/13/2016 3:23 am

i use sulwhasoo first care activating serum(korean brand). i have prone acne skin but this serum doesnt clog my pores and keep moisturizer