Notifications
Clear all

My Manuka Miracle

MemberMember
(@blessedgirl314)

Posted : 08/08/2014 3:54 pm

Hi guys, I've waited to have clear skin to share this post with you all. I'll keep it short. I had severe cystic acne for ~3-4 years and it about drove me crazy, acne is so incredibly debilitating and I'll never be the same because of it. I can finally say my skin is clear and my hyperpigmentation and shallow scars are healing. After hearing/reading about the benefits of manuka honey for so long, I finally splurged and spent $40 on MGO 400+ (UMF 20+) Manuka Honey (now I get it from Amazon...~25!). On May 28th I started a daily mask with MH and Cinammon (later switched to Ceylon cinammon which I recommend more since it's much safer for daily use!!) so it's been a bit over 2 months and the changes my skin has seen are nothing short of miraculous...truly, the healing is just incredible.

I keep the mask on my skin for 30mins to 4 hours depending on the breakout....start off with 1hr and see how much it helps.

If you've tried load of products, I REALLY encourage you to give this a try and see if it works for you, It's worked so well for me and Manuka honey has so many properties (it actually gets rid of MRSA...which is resistant to antibiotics!) that I feel it will work for anyone. The craziest thing is that I started to see HUGE HUGE changes the within 3-4 days, it was mind-blowing. My mom has suffered probably as much as I have during this process and she could not believe it...I went from having big cystic bumps covering my entire face (where I could honestly not look at myself in the mirror at one point) to having calm, clear skin. The biggest changes were seen within the 1st month, then there was a plateau for ~2 weeks and I had a small breakout but since then ZERO cystic pimples...I have gotten around 1-2 normal pimples but they barely last a day with this powerful mask. I also need to give BIG credit to my nutrition (look at my sig below) because the combo of the clean eating, vitamins and mask is what has continued to keep me clear. During my college semester (summer vacation atm) I used the mask for a few weeks and although it did help a bunch it has no comparison to the changes I've seen when combined with the aforementioned. One of the things I must thank my acne for is helping me discover the amazing benefits of eating well...something I'll never stop now.

With all that said, my skin still has a long way to go...I still have PIH and the texture needs improvement but I can say that I'm going back to college with a huge smile on my face and hope to have awesome skin in a few months to a year which is expected.

As far as my skincare routine, I'm trying my best to keep it simple and will probably change to better products soon.

The most important thing I learned during this whole process is that to get rid of acne you need consistance and the confidence to not give up looking for the one thing that will clear you.

Hope my blabbering was somewhat helpful, wish you all the best. If you're suffering right now, be strong and know that if you keep searching there will be a point when your skin is clear. Thanks to anyone who read this :)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/08/2014 4:52 pm

thanks for sharing this, and congrats, I remember your posts and struggles over the years, SO GLAD something has worked for you!!

tell me, does it help shrink active cysts for you (when you started and you had them) or does it just keep you cyst free?

MemberMember
(@blessedgirl314)

Posted : 08/08/2014 5:26 pm

thanks for sharing this, and congrats, I remember your posts and struggles over the years, SO GLAD something has worked for you!!

tell me, does it help shrink active cysts for you (when you started and you had them) or does it just keep you cyst free?

Thank you so much, I remember you as well! It honestly does both, the other day I had an inflammation (that I thought would turn into a cyst) and kept the mask on for~3 hours and as soon as I took it off I felt the huge difference, all the pain was gone, by the next day it was all gone. Sometimes of course, a cyst will be too strong and you just need to be patient and let it run its course b/c nothing will stop it.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/08/2014 6:34 pm

Yay! I want a sub for estrogenic Royal Jelly I was using, I will try this. I will try it with Tumeric, too!

MemberMember
(@blessedgirl314)

Posted : 08/08/2014 6:51 pm

Yay! I want a sub for estrogenic Royal Jelly I was using, I will try this. I will try it with Tumeric, too!

Awesome! Really hope it works for ya!! I've tried turmeric masks, but they've never done much unfortunately I do put it in all my recipes though, it's amazing!