Notifications
Clear all

Piercings On Accutane

MemberMember
(@avelynt94)

Posted : 08/07/2014 7:09 pm

Two questions!

First, I just got my nose pierced on August 3rd. I am starting Accutane on August 21st. I've been reading some things online about piercings being a big no-no when you're on Accutane. Of course I didn't know this until AFTER I got the piercing. Since I haven't started Accutane yet, it should be okay, right?

Second question: I know the rules for women of child bearing age are very strict. My brother is on Accutane and he goes to his dermatologist to get his script when he still has a few pills left. But since I am a woman, do I have to wait until I completely run out? It would be much easier if I could go when I still have a few pills left. Any girls know?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/07/2014 7:55 pm

Moved to prescription acne medications forum where you'll hopefully get some helpful responses

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/07/2014 8:26 pm

Two questions!

First, I just got my nose pierced on August 3rd. I am starting Accutane on August 21st. I've been reading some things online about piercings being a big no-no when you're on Accutane. Of course I didn't know this until AFTER I got the piercing. Since I haven't started Accutane yet, it should be okay, right?

Second question: I know the rules for women of child bearing age are very strict. My brother is on Accutane and he goes to his dermatologist to get his script when he still has a few pills left. But since I am a woman, do I have to wait until I completely run out? It would be much easier if I could go when I still have a few pills left. Any girls know?

Hey Avelyn,

I always went to see my dermatologist the week before my pills ran out. That way I could do the pregnancy test and get my new script. Sometimes pharmacies don't carry Accutane I found out. So it's good to have that script incase you have to call around to different pharmacies. Did your derm not tell you when to schedule a follow up appt?

Also as far as the piercing goes, I think you should be ok. Most your healing will be done by that point.

MemberMember
(@avelynt94)

Posted : 08/11/2014 7:42 pm

Two questions!

Hey Avelyn,

I always went to see my dermatologist the week before my pills ran out. That way I could do the pregnancy test and get my new script. Sometimes pharmacies don't carry Accutane I found out. So it's good to have that script incase you have to call around to different pharmacies. Did your derm not tell you when to schedule a follow up appt?

Also as far as the piercing goes, I think you should be ok. Most your healing will be done by that point.

He told me when to schedule my follow up apppintment, but only this coming one. I'm currently in the 30 day lockout for my first perscription. Thank you!