Notifications
Clear all

22, Male, 80Mg/day, Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@kfult)

Posted : 08/06/2014 6:17 pm

My Personal Accutane Log

I have been recording a personal log in my phone for my own benefit when I figured I should share the information as it could be helpful to others.

Brief History:

I have had acne for about 10 years now, it started when I was about 12. It was quite mild when I was a pre-teen and slowly got worse as I approached my college years. I also have had psoriasis my entire life, so I'm quite familiar with skin issues. Throughout my teenage and college years, I have tried many different prescription drugs (oral and topical). Some would work temporarily at decreasing my acne but nothing was great. Finally, when I was 20, I was prescribed Accutane. I took 20mg/day for 6 months and then 40mg/day for 4 months. By the end of the treatment, my acne was gone. 7 months later - it comes back. It has continued to get worse and I have started a second round of Accutane.

My acne is not severe, but it is persistent and has been reluctant to other medications. On top of that, I am an actor so the health of my skin is very important to my career. These are the reasons why I have been prescribed Accutane.. again.

Like I said, I am using this log for my own curiosity and to share with others who want information, have questions and would like to relate. I found it difficult finding other logs from men my age that are doing a second treatment and only have moderate acne. So, if you are out there, hopefully this log will help you find what you are looking for.

WEEK ONE

Overview

No symptoms until Day 4 when IB happened. Following IB, dry lips and face began as well as a sore throat. No improvement in acne.

DAY 1: N/S (No Symptoms)

DAY 2: Mild eye irritation - used eye drops and they were better

DAY 3: N/S

DAY 4: IB (Initial Breakout) begins, mild

DAY 5: Mild dry lips, Mild dry face

DAY 6: Mild dry lips, mild dry face, mild sore throat - could be unrelated

DAY 7: Mild/Moderate dry lips, mild dry face, mild facial redness, mild sore throat, mild dehydrated

WEEK TWO

Overview

Lips and face getting drier, needing to consistently drink a lot of water and new pimples. No improvement in acne.

DAY 8: Moderate dry lips, mild dry face, mild facial redness, mild breakout (2-3 new pimples), mild dehydration

DAY 9: Moderate dry lips, mild/moderate dry face, mild facial redness, mild breakout (1 new pimple), mild dehydration