Notifications
Clear all

Wife Thinks I'm Crazy For Scar Correction Help?

MemberMember
(@numerousfact)

Posted : 08/06/2014 3:44 am

Help! My wife found a letter from a plastic surgeon on how much subcissions and laser therapy would cost. He gave me a free consultation. HER MOUTH DROPPED like she THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY. She just can't believe I would put money towards that. Problem is, she is working and I am not. I can get some money out of my inheritance... My wife simply does not understand the emotional and phycological harm my scars have created in me. If I had these scars taken care of it would do WONDERS FOR ME. How does a spouse let their wife/husband understand how important this is to them?

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/06/2014 4:47 am

Tell her you need to feel good about your face in order to face the world. Does she not invest in her appearance? As a woman, it's expected, and when she is in need of a mid facelift, she'll understand.

Acne scarring leads to higher suicide rates in males than in females. She loves you for who you are and looks past it, but you want to be the best version of yourself for you, for her, for your future.

And let her know this isn't an impulsive decision, that you're on this board, that you've done the research.

Everyone needs something in life to boost their self-worth. If all else fails, Joan Rivers wrote a book called Men Are Stupid and They Like Big Boobs which is a serious but funny exploration of different plastic surgery procedures and a frank philosophy about self-improvement that is very quotable.

MemberMember
(@numerousfact)

Posted : 08/06/2014 9:11 am

Tell her you need to feel good about your face in order to face the world. Does she not invest in her appearance? As a woman, it's expected, and when she is in need of a mid facelift, she'll understand.

Acne scarring leads to higher suicide rates in males than in females. She loves you for who you are and looks past it, but you want to be the best version of yourself for you, for her, for your future.

And let her know this isn't an impulsive decision, that you're on this board, that you've done the research.

Everyone needs something in life to boost their self-worth. If all else fails, Joan Rivers wrote a book called Men Are Stupid and They Like Big Boobs which is a serious but funny exploration of different plastic surgery procedures and a frank philosophy about self-improvement that is very quotable.

Excellent advice. I especially like what you wrote about this NOT being an impulsive decision. It's not. I have wanted to do something for over 25 years. It's about time I do. Great reply. Thank you. I hope to hear from more. 🙂

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/08/2014 3:00 pm

I hope your scars aren't icepick because icepick scars take many many treatments to heal.

MemberMember
(@sld235)

Posted : 08/08/2014 3:57 pm

I agree with everyone else, do what makes you happy. This is something you've wanted for years and it will only help you feel better. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful wife that accepts you how you are, but your happiness matters as well. I am willing to invest a lot of money on improving my face because I want to feel better about myself. I don't expect perfection, but pretty good improvement. I am lucky to have such understanding family members that support my decisions. I have no kids and I will have a very good paying job soon, so materialistic items don't even matter to me because I want to concentrate on me.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/08/2014 7:06 pm

If it's your money I don't see why not. It's not like you are putting a financial strain on the family. I agree with sld235. Over the years I've realized that material things mean absolutely nothing. What good is it to step out in fancy designer duds or a hot car, only to still feel bad about yourself because of your face? You can't go wrong investing in yourself, granted you go about it in a smart way.

And you know what? Not everyone is going to be supportive. I've had next to no support from people close to me, and frankly no one understands this struggle unless they're going through it themselves. Do what makes you happy.