Considering Switchi...

Notifications
Clear all

Considering Switching To Once A Day

MemberMember
(@mishtamesh)

Posted : 08/05/2014 5:05 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here since I usually just go through the previous forum threads and find answers there, but this time I couldn't find anything.

I've been on Dan's regimen for 9 weeks now (using it exactly like he says and shows in the videos) and I haven't seen much improvement, if at all. I'm obviously going to give it more time since I understand it might still take a while, but I have another problem: my skin is very flaky and dry, and no matter how much moisturizer I apply, it's not enough. I don't really have the option to buy jojoba oil from the website, and I honestly don't want to spend more money on products and have even more things I need to apply to my face everyday.

The thing is, I'm moving to a different country to study in exactly one month. I really want to have clearer skin by then, and to be able to make a good, acne-free first impression on the new people I meet. I realize achieving clear skin in one month isn't realistic, so honestly I would settle for being able to use foundation, which I can't right now because of the flakyness. My question is this: would it be wise to do the regimen once a day, at night, from now on (or once I move)? From what I've read so far, flaky and dry skin isn't supposed to happen in the second/third month... So I'm thinking switching to once a day might be good for me. Also, my acne isn't very severe - it never was! I just have a lot of redness and a bunch of new pimples every few days... So I'm not sure why it's taking so long to improve :(

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 08/05/2014 11:43 pm

Have you tried to add AHA+ into the regimen yet? That will take care of that redness and flakiness. It will also help with your breakouts because it prevents your pores for becoming clogged.

MemberMember
(@braa1101)

Posted : 08/05/2014 11:53 pm

First off, yes you need to give it a lot more time before you see results. I just finished my 8th month and am finally clear, so stay with it.

Secondly, one of the best decisions I made while on the regimen was switching from the acne.org moisturizer to Cerave. It's sooo much more moisturizing, I even ditched the jojoba oil. It also had GREAT reviews all over the internet, so don't just take it from me.

MemberMember
(@mishtamesh)

Posted : 08/06/2014 3:11 am

Have you tried to add AHA+ into the regimen yet? That will take care of that redness and flakiness. It will also help with your breakouts because it prevents your pores for becoming clogged.

Same as with the jojoba oil, unfortunately I don't have the option to order anything from the website right now 🙁

First off, yes you need to give it a lot more time before you see results. I just finished my 8th month and am finally clear, so stay with it.

Secondly, one of the best decisions I made while on the regimen was switching from the acne.org moisturizer to Cerave. It's sooo much more moisturizing, I even ditched the jojoba oil. It also had GREAT reviews all over the internet, so don't just take it from me.

I will definitely give it more time, I know it can still take a while. And I actually just switched to the Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for combination skin (since people here recommended it and gave it great reviews) since I ran out of the acne.org moisturizer, so I don't really want to buy something new again (I'm kind of on a budget...).