Notifications
Clear all

Looking For Much Needed Advice

MemberMember
(@baseball8star)

Posted : 08/05/2014 2:35 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this site so let me give you some background about me. Im a male and Like many I have struggled with acne for years.From12-14 i had acne all over my face, back and chest, i was very prone to the painful cystic type. When i was a freshman in HS my derm put me on a low dosage of accutane for about maybe a year and it worked wonders. Cleared me up great except i would get the occasionally pimple/cyst here and there.

I am now 22 years old and I was on a treatment of solodyn and aczone which worked great and helping stop my breakouts and no longer needed them but sadly at my last checkup i had broken out a little and my Derm put me on Morgidox.

I have been on the Morgidox for rougly 45 days now and in my opinion it isnt helping, I have 3-4 random cyst on my body which I havent gotten in awhile and i keep getting red marks and whiteheads around my mouth,

I just got a refil of my aczone so im hoping this will help and I'm also going to my regualr doctor soon to see if this in anyway is due to a yeast problem from the anitibiotics.

Im just wondering if anyone has taken morgidox and had any luck with it, Ive read it takes up to 10 weeks to work but i dont get why it keeps allowing me to break out, mostly around my mouth. I'm also going back to my derm in two weeks, hopefully this medicine works or I may ask him to allow me to go back on solodyn,

MemberMember
(@glitznzits)

Posted : 08/07/2014 12:02 am

morgidox and soldyn are just different brands of the same drug (doxycycline), so i don't know why your derm would switch you from one to the other. Doxy's effects wear off after a while as the bacteria becomes resistant, that's why antibiotics are a bad solution to acne. I took doxy for 2 years, then again after a break for two months, and it really didn't do anything. I'd ask your derm for something new.

MemberMember
(@baseball8star)

Posted : 08/07/2014 10:34 am

morgidox and soldyn are just different brands of the same drug (doxycycline), so i don't know why your derm would switch you from one to the other. Doxy's effects wear off after a while as the bacteria becomes resistant, that's why antibiotics are a bad solution to acne. I took doxy for 2 years, then again after a break for two months, and it really didn't do anything. I'd ask your derm for something new.

isnt solodyn minocycline and morgidox is doxycycline

MemberMember
(@glitznzits)

Posted : 08/08/2014 11:44 am

oh yeah, you're right...I've been on so many I get them all mixed up. Anyway, they'll all work for a couple of months then wear off...docs say "its the anti-inflammatory effect, not the anti-bacterial effect" but I don't believe it. Plus now I'm afraid if I ever really need antibiotics for something I've "used them all up"... seriously, I've been on almost all of them...