16 Y/o Male- Accutane Log (10Mg)

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 08/05/2014 5:37 am

Began Accutane 5/8/2014 @ 20-40 mg p/day

- mild/moderate acne on forehead, chin, middle cheeks, blackheads on nose

- oily t-zone

- Rosacea and hyperpigmentation

I am currently in Basketball season and play almost everyday along with lifting heavy 2-3 times a week whenever i can fit it in. Currently i experience mild elbow tendonitis and knee pain which i will monitor to see if it gets worse throughout the treatment. I am trying to document any joint pain i receive while taking this drug along with other side effects.

Day 1:

Cleanse Morning+ Night Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Moisturise

1 x 20mg Tablet

Day 2:

Cleanse Morning+ Night Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Moisturise

2x 20mg Tablet

MemberMember
(@stars123456)

Posted : 08/05/2014 6:28 am

How long are you going on Accutane for?

MemberMember
(@theentertainer)

Posted : 08/05/2014 3:14 pm

Hey! Same here, I'm 16/male too and I took my first dose of (generic) isotretinoin about an hour ago. What a weird feeling.

I'm on 25mg for 6 weeks then 50mg for the remainder of the 19 weeks in total, provided all goes to plan.

I'm most anxious about the initial breakout; the nurse at the clinic told me most people get one in the first month but it should be ok-ish when I get back to school at the start of September. I'm mainly affected on my forehead but my cheeks are getting worse. The red marks are the real bummer though.

Here's to clear skin by Christmas. We can do this! :)

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 08/06/2014 2:27 am

Hey! Same here, I'm 16/male too and I took my first dose of (generic) isotretinoin about an hour ago. What a weird feeling.

I'm on 25mg for 6 weeks then 50mg for the remainder of the 19 weeks in total, provided all goes to plan.

I'm most anxious about the initial breakout; the nurse at the clinic told me most people get one in the first month but it should be ok-ish when I get back to school at the start of September. I'm mainly affected on my forehead but my cheeks are getting worse. The red marks are the real bummer though.

Here's to clear skin by Christmas. We can do this!

Good luck to you to man.

How long are you going on Accutane for?

At such a low dose, at least 8-9 months :(. This is due to me being in my final year at school and i do not want any severe headaches or side effects which will damage my chances of doing as well as i want to.

6/8/2014

Nothing much to report.

Side effects- mild headache and nausea for around 2-3 hours

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 08/09/2014 7:26 pm

Day 5:

- Skin in much smoother and looks clearer already

- If i get a pimple it is gone the next day/no pimples on face currently

- still have oily skin

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 08/19/2014 8:04 pm

Day 12:

- I no longer have oily skin! If you put sunscreen then moisturiser on immediately after each other it looks like your skin is very shiny and oily so there should be a time delay

- Had a breakout a few days ago with an increase in number of pimples which must have been the initial breakout which really wasn't that bad

- Skin has a different texture to it but i can feel all the blackheads on my nose like popping out

Side Effects:
- last few days i have been quite sick but everyone around he had the same thing so i dont think it is due to Accutane, its that time of year when everyone gets sick anyways

- lips are becoming very dry, so is my nose. Yet majority of my skin is not dry at all except chin and nose area

MemberMember
(@theentertainer)

Posted : 09/06/2014 9:24 am

Hey, how's your course going? I can't believe we've been on it for just over a month now. Almost all my blackheads are gone (I had millions) but I'm still breaking out - thankfully nothing severe.

hope it's going well.

MemberMember
(@konleung123)

Posted : 08/07/2016 8:13 am

Yeah, let's positive energy guys. My too.I have started accutane slow dosage 10mg only once a day(3rd days now 2016-August-7),my oily skin still there even dramatically reduced but when i touch on my skin surface (its rough) and my nose( all the blackheads on my nose like popping outas you mentioned).I knew that patience need on us .Never give up!