Notifications
Clear all

Co2-Fractional-Resurfacing Or Quimical Peeling ? Not Sure And I Have Appointment In 2 Days Suggestions

MemberMember
(@krina)

Posted : 08/04/2014 4:16 pm

hello everybody Im so confused about what to do with my scars and honestly Im so scare about the laser

Im 30 years old my short history:

18 years old acne treatment: antibiotics, benzac gel

24 years old accutane 20 mg for 6 months

27 years old obagi full set 3 sections of photo laser, 2 quimical peels, 1 microdermobration

29 years old accutane 40 mg 1 year

its been 6 months since i finish accutane my doctor say i can go a head with the fractional laser i did research, and most dermatologist recommend 1 year after cause your face can be burn i cant find i doctor to trust all of them want to take as much as they can right away from you. Im so looking forward to treat my scars, at 29 i was to go under fractional with the technician it was so sure about it 2100 for full face 3 days lay down, the doctor of that clinic see me before and he say that is not for me because my background is easy for me to get sun burn and Im from a very sunny and hot country he told me after that if i damage my face will be not much to do cause my skin will be so sensitive and that i was to young to do it that he will recommended for older people.

Now i went for consultation with another dermatologist after Accutane he didn't took the time to explain to me properly he was rushing he say he is the doctor who done that laser the most in this country --CANADA--, that i was so lucky to find him cause his prices are low because he do it a lot (with he doesn't have a good website no before after pictures i can find the name of the laser i ask him to show me pictures ti see how red i will be the only picture he show me the girl doesn't look as red and bleeding as i see in youtube videos she just look a little pink he say he is so aggressive with his laser that i need 3 times every 3 months 900 full face each time he didn't talk about lay down time he say in two days the redness will go, i ask him specific about fractional laser im thinking is not that one the one that he is planing to make to me, i ask him that if i can make it just in the most affected areas he say no because i will have different tone of skin i seen people here doing it that way, where can i find a good doctor im even thinking to wait and travel to USA or mexico my country cause here i just been expending a lot i hope im not doing it wrong canceling my appointment.

it will be so good to make a topic where we recommend doctors and also can identified the ones that just want to take your money

recommend my doctors or places people who have treat it the type of scars that i have i don't have money but i don't care save and travel between USA - CANADA- MEXICO better than damage my face forever thank you

post-213049-0-55410200-1407186767.jpg

post-213049-0-98812300-1407186779.jpg

post-213049-0-55410200-1407186767.jpg

post-213049-0-98812300-1407186779.jpg

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/04/2014 4:27 pm

Aww! I don't have any recommendations in term of doctors\dermatologist but I wish you the best of luck I hear pretty good results on co2 fraxel repair.

I myself am hoping to get this done as soon as my acne clears:) I hope it delivers great results

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/04/2014 6:00 pm

Oh and one more thing I forgot to add don't do chemical peels as they deliver no results in my opinion I've done 3 and seen no diffrence with my skin.and that that I believe my scarring is minimal and very surfaced.i spend 1,000 on that:(

MemberMember
(@krina)

Posted : 08/06/2014 11:08 am

Oh and one more thing I forgot to add don't do chemical peels as they deliver no results in my opinion I've done 3 and seen no diffrence with my skin.and that that I believe my scarring is minimal and very surfaced.i spend 1,000 on that:(

sorry to hear that i know the feeling when you don't get results and spend a lot of money :/, thanks for the advice i was thinking about the peels so confused 🙁

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/08/2014 9:45 pm

Well try the peels maybe its just who I went to.i hear u can only get like 2 a year done no more than that its no good for skin. Good luck!:)

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/09/2014 2:51 am

Go with you gut. If you don't feel comfortable with the doctor find another.