Notifications
Clear all

It Could Be Worse. Stay Positive.

MemberMember
(@martino123)

Posted : 08/04/2014 4:39 am

Here is a message to everyone with acne who may feel very depressed. Just remember there are definitely ways to control your acne and over time it will get better. I know it may seem very hard waking up everyday and looking in the mirror and dealing with the psychological and physical pain. And just remember it could always be worse. People and their families die everyday from deadly diseases and violence in third world countries. Kids with cancer don't get a chance to experience life's joys. Take a look at the people suffering in the link below. Would you rather have that or acne? Stay positive and be kind to others.i wish you all luck.

WARNING: graphic images are in the link

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/the-horrible-disease-outbreaks-that-claim-millions-of-lives-every-year/story-fnkd6ppg-1227012722025?nk=1ad8a0592b7f65cfc72b1e9badb7279e#itm=newscomau%7Chome%7Cnca-homepage-news-plus-story%7C3%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fnews%2Fvictoria%2Fthe-horrible-disease-outbreaks-that-claim-millions-of-lives-every-year%2Fstory-fnkd6ppg-1227012722025%7Chomepage%7Chomepage&itmt=1407210804297

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/04/2014 8:52 am

Here is a message to everyone with acne who may feel very depressed. Just remember there are definitely ways to control your acne and over time it will get better. I know it may seem very hard waking up everyday and looking in the mirror and dealing with the psychological and physical pain. And just remember it could always be worse. People and their families die everyday from deadly diseases and violence in third world countries. Kids with cancer don't get a chance to experience life's joys. Take a look at the people suffering in the link below. Would you rather have that or acne? Stay positive and be kind to others.i wish you all luck.

WARNING: graphic images are in the link

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/the-horrible-disease-outbreaks-that-claim-millions-of-lives-every-year/story-fnkd6ppg-1227012722025?nk=1ad8a0592b7f65cfc72b1e9badb7279e#itm=newscomau%7Chome%7Cnca-homepage-news-plus-story%7C3%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fnews%2Fvictoria%2Fthe-horrible-disease-outbreaks-that-claim-millions-of-lives-every-year%2Fstory-fnkd6ppg-1227012722025%7Chomepage%7Chomepage&itmt=1407210804297

i dont know why people compare acne to other diseases ? is this suppose to make them feel better ? im pretty sure it has the same affect like other diseases and could even lead to death if really depressed you dont know what they could do

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/04/2014 11:04 am

wtf none of my pals or anyone at all has any kind of this type of shit on them at all! we r normal town either, everyone has clear faces wherever u go..i dont even need some crazy shit like this on me to be the ugly outstander

how any of this is supposed to make me feel better?? u better quarantine that shit away from me! bcs if it outbreaks im gonna take all of them down!!

MemberMember
(@myst)

Posted : 08/05/2014 6:37 pm

martino123, you're so right. Acne sucks, but compared to what we could be going through, it's nothing.

Acne doesn't prevent you from achieving anything. While suffering the most severe acne of my life right now, I've started a new job, made a bunch of new friends, been to some amazing places, started dating a really cute guy, and have just generally been having a blast. Yes I hate my acne, yes I wish my face was smooth and beautiful. But having acne doesn't stop me from doing anything, and I still lead a great life even with my acne. I don't let it get in my way - and neither should anyone else!

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 08/05/2014 6:42 pm

That's perfectly true. Acne are very depressing and stressful.. I felt so devastated and inferior when I had my acne breakouts. But as Martino said, stay positive because acne will go away sooner or later. What is important is that acne will not marred your face so try not to scratch your face or prick the acne without the help of expert. Acne will not stay forever, so be positive and enjoy while healing is in progress.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/06/2014 10:20 am

Acne doesn't prevent you from achieving anything.

what if i wanna achieve perfect clear skin?

n u gotta be not from this world if u can say that. acne wastes massive ammount of your appereance, time n actually can destroy ur youth nd even whole life for some. ur talking like a lunatic tbh :T

MemberMember
(@myst)

Posted : 08/06/2014 4:51 pm

n actually can destroy ur youth nd even whole life for some.

Only if you let it. It's entirely your fault if you let your acne hold you back. As I said, I have terrible acne, I've been told I look like I have leprosy, yet I'm very successful, I have a rewarding career, loads of friends, a boyfriend who I met while my acne was at it's most severe and who I promise you is really good looking himself. If you let it hold you back, it will. If you want a good life, go out and have one - your acne can't stop you. If you think your life will automatically be amazing the moment your acne clears up, you're in for a rude shock. Your success at life doesn't really have anything to do with your acne. (unless you want to be a model or something I guess.)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/06/2014 7:07 pm

Only if you let it. It's entirely your fault if you let your acne hold you back. As I said, I have terrible acne, I've been told I look like I have leprosy, yet I'm very successful, I have a rewarding career, loads of friends, a boyfriend who I met while my acne was at it's most severe and who I promise you is really good looking himself. If you let it hold you back, it will. If you want a good life, go out and have one - your acne can't stop you. If you think your life will automatically be amazing the moment your acne clears up, you're in for a rude shock. Your success at life doesn't really have anything to do with your acne. (unless you want to be a model or something I guess.)

actually alot of people wont hire you if your acne is severe , also of course my life would be amazing once clears up who wouldnt be most , your skin gives you confidence

MemberMember
(@myst)

Posted : 08/06/2014 7:10 pm

actually alot of people wont hire you if your acne is severe , also of course my life would be amazing once clears up who wouldnt be most , your skin gives you confidence

Not hiring someone based on a facial feature is discriminatory and illegal. If that has happened, you need to be reporting them to the fair work ombudsman in your country.

And confidence comes from within, not without.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/06/2014 7:19 pm

Not hiring someone based on a facial feature is discriminatory and illegal. If that has happened, you need to be reporting them to the fair work ombudsman in your country.

And confidence comes from within, not without.

having acne doesnt not attract customers for them so its only normal for someone not too

confidence comes from within but when you have loads of acne thats where u cant muster up that confidence

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/06/2014 8:05 pm

ur just nt real lol..u like should try pull ur head out of ur butt mayb? u have no fuking idea wht ur talking abt whatsoever. entirely my fault? my fault for wht exactly? for being depressed as hell, feeling/looking fugly, getting a mental disorder bcs of it, getting picked on abt it?

there r ppl who r suicidal bcs of this?

success nothing to do with ace? fe when i can be seen without pimples all over nd dont have in ny other way shitty skin/looks i can actually get pals? n like pretty soon? its just not gonna happen if ill look like a leper lol. just no. so idk where ur living there bt will i be right if i say ur part of somekinda charity help center? just wondering

nd i just agree to above person who said they wont even hire u with bad face like tht. they would have to be like rly needy for a worker nd u still probably was last one to pick.

deff u wont b superlucky just bcs of being clear bt 1. it alone feels good to b duh 2. at least its nt even worse like being with acne? 0.o

realise: good things happen to good looking people. u cant just look shitty. ugly or screwed ppl..all they do is struggling lol

i actually wonder wht is this ur career, wht ur doing? i dnt believe

MemberMember
(@myst)

Posted : 08/06/2014 8:52 pm

ur just nt real lol..u like should try pull ur head out of ur butt mayb? u have no fuking idea wht ur talking abt whatsoever. entirely my fault? my fault for wht exactly? for being depressed as hell, feeling/looking fugly, getting a mental disorder bcs of it, getting picked on abt it?

success nothing to do with ace? fe when i can be seen without pimples all over nd dont have in ny other way shitty skin/looks i can actually get pals? n like pretty soon? its just not gonna happen if ill look like a leper lol. just no. so idk where ur living there bt will i be right if i say ur part of somekinda charity help center? just wondering

nd i just agree to above person who said they wont even hire u with bad face like tht. they would have to be like rly needy for a worker nd u still probably was last one to pick.

deff u wont b superlucky just bcs of being clear bt 1. it alone feels good to b duh 2. at least its nt even worse like being with acne? 0.o

realise: good things happen to good looking people. u cant just look shitty. ugly or screwed ppl..all they do is struggling lol

Ok, this argument is stupid. All I'm trying to do is say that anyone and everyone can lead a full, excellent life with acne. Your acne doesn't stop you.

Depression is another thing entirely. But acne and depression are totally different things. Yes, a person with acne can also have depression. But curing the acne won't cure the depression. They're different.

I actually laughed out loud at the suggestion that I'm only here because I work for a "charity help centre" - don't be ridiculous, how on earth would that work? Even if I did, why would coming here benefit it? I'm here because, same as you, I have acne and I want to get rid of it and I want to talk about it with others who have acne. Attached is a picture of my face, if you need proof.

Regarding hiring, I don't care if the role is a customer service role, it is completely illegal to refuse to hire someone based on their appearance and if that has happened, you need to report the employer to the relevant authority. Also, are you two honestly saying you have never seen a sales person with acne?? Don't be ridiculous. Also, my original point was that you can have a rewarding career with acne - and there are many career options other than working in a shop.

Yes, you can absolutely be ugly and successful. Google Gina Rinehart - she's the wealthiest woman in Australia. She might be constantly the but of jokes about how ugly she is throughout the media, but she's still built an empire worth billions. (And anyway - I'm sure someone thinks she's pretty in some way - looks are subjective.)

And as for my job? Not that it's any of your business, but I'm a project manager in a client facing role earning well above the median income in my home country. I don't really care if you believe me or not - from the sounds of things, no matter what I say you're not going to believe me.

The original point of this thread was to remember how lucky we have it, even though we have acne. I currently live in a third world country where there is rampant poverty, domestic violence, preventable disease, insecure housing, and lack of access to basic services and schooling. Things are improving here - I'm doing my best to help - but there are still tens of thousands of people here who don't yet have the basics, and that's just in this country. My worst problem is my acne - and for that I am extremely grateful.

I won't be arguing with you any further on this, because you seem to want me to tell you that your acne means you're doomed. You're not. You have it within you to have an extremely successful life, whether you manage to clear your skin or not.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/06/2014 9:14 pm

Ok, this argument is stupid. All I'm trying to do is say that anyone and everyone can lead a full, excellent life with acne. Your acne doesn't stop you.

Depression is another thing entirely. But acne and depression are totally different things. Yes, a person with acne can also have depression. But curing the acne won't cure the depression. They're different.

I actually laughed out loud at the suggestion that I'm only here because I work for a "charity help centre" - don't be ridiculous, how on earth would that work? Even if I did, why would coming here benefit it? I'm here because, same as you, I have acne and I want to get rid of it and I want to talk about it with others who have acne. Attached is a picture of my face, if you need proof.

Regarding hiring, I don't care if the role is a customer service role, it is completely illegal to refuse to hire someone based on their appearance and if that has happened, you need to report the employer to the relevant authority. Also, are you two honestly saying you have never seen a sales person with acne?? Don't be ridiculous. Also, my original point was that you can have a rewarding career with acne - and there are many career options other than working in a shop.

Yes, you can absolutely be ugly and successful. Google Gina Rinehart - she's the wealthiest woman in Australia. She might be constantly the but of jokes about how ugly she is throughout the media, but she's still built an empire worth billions. (And anyway - I'm sure someone thinks she's pretty in some way - looks are subjective.)

And as for my job? Not that it's any of your business, but I'm a project manager in a client facing role earning well above the median income in my home country. I don't really care if you believe me or not - from the sounds of things, no matter what I say you're not going to believe me.

The original point of this thread was to remember how lucky we have it, even though we have acne. I currently live in a third world country where there is rampant poverty, domestic violence, preventable disease, insecure housing, and lack of access to basic services and schooling. Things are improving here - I'm doing my best to help - but there are still tens of thousands of people here who don't yet have the basics, and that's just in this country. My worst problem is my acne - and for that I am extremely grateful.

I won't be arguing with you any further on this, because you seem to want me to tell you that your acne means you're doomed. You're not. You have it within you to have an extremely successful life, whether you manage to clear your skin or not.

But curing the acne won't cure the depression. They're different. ??? they have depression because of there acne so logically it would cure it if the cause is acne lol ...

Gina Rinehart , she doesnt have acne so it doesnt matter but if she had acne before she made lots of money i bet she would of been depressed aswell

your acne is pretty bad but then again it depends where you live , where i live and the fact that im a teenager plays a huge part

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/07/2014 7:11 am