Notifications
Clear all

If You Had All The Money In The World What Would You Have Done?

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 08/03/2014 2:53 pm

Just of interest, if you were able to afford it what procedure would you have done to erase your scars?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/03/2014 5:46 pm

my situation is slightly different.. the problem isn't i can't afford it but i don't have access to any of my desired treatments..i yearn to have a combination treatment of scaarfx and recell.. perhaps a stem cell fat graft processed by the celution machine for the more stubborn scars

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 08/03/2014 5:59 pm

How come you don't have access to any of those procedures?

I have a few ice pick scars and a rolling scar but my main problem is orange peel texture all over my face. I'm not really sure of the best way to treat it as I don't know what causes it (recent thing). I know it sounds really drastic but I'd love a whole face lift. Iv been to the doctors twice and they say there's nothing wrong with my skin but you know your own skin, I feel like freak

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/03/2014 6:13 pm

the problem is I live in America..currently all the treatments I've mentioned are stalled by the rigid FDA..it could be another year or 2 before Recell and celution are approved..else where these treatments have been available for some time..it's quite sad..

I totally understand your situation..u should see more doctors and get assorted treatment options so you have more to choose from hence increasing ur success..the only viable treatment for indented scars i feel is a strong laser combined with recell

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/03/2014 6:21 pm

If I were to start back from scratch, I would have got a few subcisions first, then opt out for Legato or Intracel. There are three things that I should have never touched: 1. TCA 2. Dermaroller while on accutane 3. High % lactic acid (88%)

I am almost certain that my orange peel texture would have never begun in the first place if I did not touch these three treatments.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/03/2014 7:59 pm

What percentage of TCA did you have done? I've been looking into that just for overall texture.

If I were to start back from scratch, I would have got a few subcisions first, then opt out for Legato or Intracel. There are three things that I should have never touched: 1. TCA 2. Dermaroller while on accutane 3. High % lactic acid (88%)

I am almost certain that my orange peel texture would have never begun in the first place if I did not touch these three treatments.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/04/2014 7:45 am

2. Dermaroller while on accutane

hey what happened after this?

does pores count as a orange texture? i think i have this too. is there any surgery that can fix this?

also if i had cash, id eat better food probably, get bunch of supplemetns and do somekinda fillers or fat graft and get the best topicals availabe

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 08/04/2014 10:56 am

Fantasying a little, today I was reading one of my favourite books by Margaret Atwood based in a not-too-distant future world where scientists have created a sort of skin algae that eats damaged skin cells and leaves brand new skin behind instead. Now that would be good.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/04/2014 1:36 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/doctors-perform-extensive-face-transplant/story?id=16013394

if this man can get a new face , scar free is possible

only reason doctor says it is impossible is because they want you keep spending money most likely

just like people believe the government release those bad diseases to control country population

yeah random but yeah lol..

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/04/2014 2:35 pm

I remember you mentioned you also did Fraxel Repair. How would you rate that? Was it a net benefit, loss, or neutral?

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/04/2014 3:15 pm

2. Dermaroller while on accutane

hey what happened after this?

does pores count as a orange texture? i think i have this too. is there any surgery that can fix this?

also if i had cash, id eat better food probably, get bunch of supplemetns and do somekinda fillers or fat graft and get the best topicals availabe

My skin became very bumpy and more scarring resulted from dermaroller. Boundaries between scars and healthy skin became blurry and connected with each other, resulting in uneven skin texture. Large pores are a bit different, but they contribute heavily in uneven skin texture. It's usually a consequence of harsh acne scar treatments like laser or heavy dermarolling. Basically your skin is destroyed "permanently" from a harsh treatment. Some people call it a loss of fat layer, but I am not sure if this is true. As far as I know, this damage cannot be reverted. There's a review on Realself of using raw honey as a cleanser and emu oil as a moisturizer, but this did not work for me. I did it for 5 months straight and saw no difference. Does your skin look like this? http://www.sculptingnewyork.com/large-pores

I remember you mentioned you also did Fraxel Repair. How would you rate that? Was it a net benefit, loss, or neutral?

For me, overall negative. Refer to the website I posted above. Pores will mostly become larger because of high intensity of this treatment. Indented scars barely filled up, if any. Fraxel:repair would be the fourth item on the list that I would have avoided actually.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/04/2014 4:08 pm

Could it be the fact that you were on Accutane during the dermaroller treatments that caused additional damage? I am only guessing, but Accutance does impair healing during the time you are on it and for a period of time after treatment.

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/04/2014 5:34 pm

Could it be the fact that you were on Accutane during the dermaroller treatments that caused additional damage? I am only guessing, but Accutance does impair healing during the time you are on it and for a period of time after treatment.

I was off accutane for 9 months before receiving the treatment. Recommended wait time is 6 months. Should not have affected healing process at all.

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 08/04/2014 6:15 pm

My gp said the orange peel texture was most likely due to rapid weight loss, smoking and trauma of a marriage break up ( not only did god leave me with a broken heart but ruined my skin, nice!)

Every day I'm researching the best way to heal my skin but there's so much conflicting advice out there it's overloads my brain lol. I tried the honey and emu oil too but didn't work. Three options I'm considering are, derma stamping, face lift or just plain acceptance.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/04/2014 7:09 pm

i swear this site at first gives u alot of hope only to later kill it with vengeance
why does nothing just works? x'C
tbh face transplant now looks simplier task than to repair damaged skin
i just wanna face transplant! :c of some rly pretty person
or im gonna just tear my skin off nd become a titan! will eat all the clear n pretty ppl!
(shingeki no kyoujin refrence duh)
@aurevoir
yes thts my skin on cheeks near to nose nd nose. it makes me so sick i wanna puke. i noway can live with this..
y would pores become larger from this treatment if its supposed to shrink them? like what? o.o
what do u consider as a heavy dermarolling?
MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 08/04/2014 8:29 pm

If i literally had all the money in the world then i would hire thousands of researchers/doctors to work 24/7 to find a full cure for scarring.It never ceases to amaze me that surgeons can do things like craft a vagina from a penis, yet they still can't get rid of little indentations in the skin. If we had a lobby like the LGBT movement, then we'd probably have far better treatments today haha. It's such a shame for our generation, i'd say that acne scarring will be a thing of the past in a hundred years or so thanks to more modern medicine. :(

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 08/08/2014 4:58 pm

if i have unlimited budget , i agree with perigon , but this part will be for future , may be 4 or 5 years till cure , but what about now ?? !!

i have been faced 6 hard years with severe pain and isolation from life, dropped out from collage and feeling so strange abut myself.

scars are not easy problem like some other people thinking ,,, so for that i will not wait more years , i just want to be happy now , and i think that's possible with much money and this technology available now , may be something like multiple scaar fx laser pinpoint treatments over every scar with different angles, and subcision for every bound down scar with fat grafting or good lasting type filler and multiple total fx laser , fractora and enerjet with recell and Acell and finally v beam and ipl for redness !!!! , i think these treatments can give me at least 80 % results and i will be so very happy ,,,,, in real life, sadly i'm in the wrong side of the world when it's come to acne scars treatments , here in egypt , many doctors don't know if fraxel repair is fractiona lco2 or eribum !!! .