Notifications
Clear all

Donut Effect

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 08/02/2014 9:01 pm

Had Filler Juvederm on Friday on a scar i had subscision on the prior Wednesday.. Unsprisingly i now have the donut effect.. Is this because too long was waited after the subscision?

I dont know what to do? Should i return to the doctor? I asked him to check tethering first to avoid this but felt i was totally ignored.

Not happy.. Advice please all.post-374044-0-46754100-1407031284_thumb.

post-374044-0-46754100-1407031284_thumb.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/02/2014 9:18 pm

Donut effect? Do you mean edema? This is just from trauma and is normal, like edema with any surgical procedure. If your skin is already stressed or you are, it's going to be worse. Get some sleep, take some arnica, you'll be fine in a week

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/03/2014 4:33 am

No... donut effect is when the scar is tethered and dense and so the filler extrudes into the surrounding area. The edges are then elevated and essentially makes the scar look more pronounced because instead of filling the center of a scar, it is now puffing up the edges. Imagine a volcano with a depressed center and puffed up edges.

Leeman, it's too early to tell. Let the swelling settle first before you make a judgement.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 08/03/2014 3:49 pm

Blah can this be corrected? I am worried :(

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/03/2014 4:21 pm

Well you can't really know for sure until all the swelling has gone away. Then you'll know if the filler was injected in the right place. It takes a couple weeks at a minimum to really know what the final look of the fillers will be. Give it a couple weeks before doing anything. Yes, it can be corrected or fine-tuned if you used hyaluronic acid like Juvederm or Restylane. You use an enzyme to dissolve the filler, however, there is a risk of depleting your own native hyaluronic acid, which is in everybody's skin.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 08/12/2014 3:27 pm

Hi blah

Week down the line and its safe to say the filler didnt work:(

My question is do i just give up now? This scars are being so stubborn with fillers and previously subscision!

This is what it looks like now.. Still bruised but you can see at the bottom where it still indentspost-374044-0-85987900-1407875254_thumb.

post-374044-0-85987900-1407875254_thumb.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/12/2014 5:31 pm

how many treatments have you had ? and what treatment in the past weeks ? you wont see results in just a week or 2

it takes atleast 3 months for collagen to build up after subcision or tca

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 08/12/2014 6:20 pm

I had subscision and TCA cross about 5 weeks ago followed by Filler 2 weeks ago which i dont feel worked, it all just went on to the middle of the area rather than pushing out the actual area. I was pretty dissapointed with that given the cost although it wasn't done immediately after subscision which is what I wanted.. So it probably gave the tethering too much time.

Why doesn't it give up and stop rebuilding stupid tethered areas!!!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/12/2014 7:36 pm

I had subscision and TCA cross about 5 weeks ago followed by Filler 2 weeks ago which i dont feel worked, it all just went on to the middle of the area rather than pushing out the actual area. I was pretty dissapointed with that given the cost although it wasn't done immediately after subscision which is what I wanted.. So it probably gave the tethering too much time.

Why doesn't it give up and stop rebuilding stupid tethered areas!!!

idk if filler takes awhile or not to see results but i know tca cross and subcision results takes 6 month for full results

so maybe wait atleast 3 months until doing too much harsh treatments and let collagen build up

MemberMember
(@benjii91)

Posted : 08/13/2014 2:33 pm

The final result of your subcision will take at least 5 months, and it always takes approx 1 one week after a filler treatment before you can see what it actually will look like for the following months. The fillers is always the tricky part especially if it's rolling scars which easily creates the donut effect, an additional subicison might make the scar more easy to fill or perhaps a more experienced injector.

Btw judging by your photos I have to say your quite a handsome dude! So even if the scars is bothering the hell out of you (which is understandable) you're still good looking.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 08/31/2014 3:46 pm

Hi Ben and leading force!

Yes filler hasn't changed still unhappy.. Doctor with Dr Chu that did filler wasnt helpful so am going elsewhere as they wouldn't do subscision and fillers together.. So decided to book in at PHI Clinic instead :)

Thanks for the compliment btw.

I am getting very sick of the good day/bad day feeling though.. Some days i dont care others i feel like breaking down :(. Its been 7 months now since I started treatment i was expecting to be happy by now, fool be me!