Notifications
Clear all

How Many Days Does Redness Stay After Dermarolling Session? [Urgent]

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/02/2014 11:37 am

we have family/friend gathering (all my cousins will bethere etc) i fuking need to look the best i can!!! but this stupid shit skin is soo baad i cant even begin to describe i just cant take it anymore. i need it fresh and the absolutely the best looking soo bad but instead its crappiest than ever. wth do i do??

so i thought if i do a dermarolling session (deeper pressure for max effect) it could improve my skins texture perhaps?

HOW MANY DAYS DOES REDNESS LAST?

so how many days before event i should do this for an effect?

i need this asap, pls answer! week till event!

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/02/2014 11:55 am

If you only got a week until the event, you might as well forget the treatment. From my experience, after a 1.5 mm dermastamp session with minor bleeding,

Week 1: Face red as an apple

Week 2~3: Major redness gone (70%)

Week 6: Minor redness almost gone (90%)

Week 8: Subtle redness still exists (95%)

Also, keep in mind that one dermaroller or dermastamp session will not change your skin texture in a drastic way, especially after just one week. You need at least 4 weeks to see the improvement from one session and at least 3 (preferably 5) sessions total to see improvement in skin texture.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/02/2014 12:36 pm

If you only got a week until the event, you might as well forget the treatment. From my experience, after a 1.5 mm dermastamp session with minor bleeding,

Also, keep in mind that one dermaroller or dermastamp session will not change your skin texture in a drastic way, especially after just one week. You need at least 4 weeks to see the improvement from one session and at least 3 (preferably 5) sessions total to see improvement in skin texture.

how long have you been dermarolling ? and any improvements ? im guessing those redness results are yours so have you tried doing anything for them ? or just leaving them alone

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 08/02/2014 4:19 pm

Wow. Your stamping sessions must be pretty intense for redness to last that long. Do you easily suffer from redness? I do not think weeks of redness is the norm.

At most my redness lasts 3-4 days in certain spots. It only lasts that long when I use a topical that causes burning like 20% vitamin c serum. Otherwise the redness fades pretty quickly. I have only experienced weeks to months of redness after Cross and Co2 laser.

I assume the OP is hoping to benefit from temporary swelling. Depending on your type of scarring, your scars may not look improved after stamping. My scars only look a little softer after the first few days. Some people claim their scars vanish but that hasn't been my experience. I think temporary swelling can look good if the texture of your scars is uniform to surrounding skin.

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/02/2014 5:52 pm

Wow. Your stamping sessions must be pretty intense for redness to last that long. Do you easily suffer from redness? I do not think weeks of redness is the norm.

At most my redness lasts 3-4 days in certain spots. It only lasts that long when I use a topical that causes burning like 20% vitamin c serum. Otherwise the redness fades pretty quickly. I have only experienced weeks to months of redness after Cross and Co2 laser.

I assume the OP is hoping to benefit from temporary swelling. Depending on your type of scarring, your scars may not look improved after stamping. My scars only look a little softer after the first few days. Some people claim their scars vanish but that hasn't been my experience. I think temporary swelling can look good if the texture of your scars is uniform to surrounding skin.

I don't do it very intensely. I think main reason for redness is because my skin has become too sensitive over course of treatments I've had for last two and half years. Worst enemy for hyperpgimentation is TCA as you had similar experience with CROSS. I wish I never tried peeling in the first place.

I have done maybe five dermastamp + single needle session previously. However, I spaced treatments out 2-3 weeks, which did not help with the scars. Our skin definitely needs time to heal. Since learning that lesson the hard way, I have done two legit dermastamp sessions. I just did my second one yesterday, and I hope to have one more done by Labor Day holiday. If I see any improvement, I will post pictures.
MemberMember
(@aznkid77)

Posted : 08/03/2014 3:18 pm

I too think that redness lasting for weeks isn't normal. I use 2.0mm dermastamp and I stamp very intensely as in blood dripping down my cheeks. The redness subsides in a couple of days and almost completely disappears in a week. Microswelling kicks in around day 3 I think..

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 08/03/2014 5:55 pm

Redness for weeks isn't normal for me either. I did my first derma stamp 4 weeks ago and the redness lasted only the nightthe next day might be slightly pink but not even enough to notice. the second day also is the most swelled up so i can't see ANY of my scars not even a little bit (i have bad scars on my left cheek and it looked perfect, my right cheek is okay so i didnt notice much there)day 2 might see a little bit of scars but not enough and day 3 can kinda see the scars again.

I always think the second day is the best, i didnt stamp hard at all, just for the needles to go in all the way in but not hard. this is my week 4 on treatment one and see definite improvement absolutely no redness back to normal but waiting another two weeks to do it again since they say 6 weeks. even though i feel like I'm ready for another round but i don't know if i should??? its been a month...