Notifications
Clear all

Tips For Getting Rid Of My Scars?

MemberMember
(@theteenwithacne)

Posted : 08/02/2014 9:48 am

Hey guys, I'm an acne victim, and I'm also new to these forums. Anyways I would like to show you how my acne has been improving.

fx5r44.jpg

As you can see, my face looks really red, and I would like that to go away. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 08/04/2014 9:56 am

The redness itself should fade in time, but it may take over a year to do so. The best advice I can give you is to wear at least a factor 30 SPF face cream (specifically for the face so it won't break you out) when you're out and about and it's even just mildly sunny. Sunlight can make red marks look darker and last longer. If it's a very sunny day and you're going to be outside a lot you'll probably want to reapply regularly and even up to a higher factor.

In terms of helping the marks fade quicker, I would suggest looking at some form of GENTLE exfoliant. You can buy actual acne scar creams that do this and some of them have been reviewed on this website - just look for product reviews under Community. Other people have suggested facial peels, but I'm always wary about these because the skin is sensitive and probably just needs to heal. Hope that helps.